IGNORED

super injunctions

BCM

Guest Lady kakapo

I should add that I'm not against injunctions per se. There was a recent case where a child was left severely physically disabled, but is mentally sound, due to incompetence from hospital staff. The judge agreed to the injunction in part because the compensation payment was exteremely large and the family wanted to be protected from people attempting to exploit them, but also because once the child is an adult he will be of sound enough mind to make his own decision with regards to his privacy. Even in this instance I wouldn't say it was clear cut, there is a balance between the individual's privacy and the right of the public to know of state employees maiming kids, but obviously you'd have to have some sympathy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck griggsy he ain't got rights to shit - fucker cheated on his wife and kids with a fame-hungry slut. as a public figure and even more so as a man united player he is expected to set an example (especially to younger people) and the only example he has set is money, bitches, fame, oooh aren't I such a fucking stud and all women want me. no wonder marriage is a joke these days - cunts like griggsy don't have one iota of respect for the idea behind it and make a mockery of fidelity and the moral obligations of being a family man. fuck anyone who makes a promise to be faithful then breaks it - you want to go around fucking tarts? don't get fucking married then. prick.

he is a public figure as a footballer - his conduct on the pitch and in public should be open to the world. This affair happened in private. As such, it should have been resolved in private.

Also - why so butthurt? people aren't infallible.

you a man u fan? you sounded more annoyed that all this might fuck up man u's champions league chances in an earlier post. in my book, infidelity is unforgivable - having lived through my parents divorce as a child due to my father's affairs, plus having girlfriend's be unfaithful to me in the past, I know first hand the pain and repercussions it causes. it is indefensible - like I said, he should either not have got married in the first place, or split up with his wife before playing away. but no, he wants to have his cake and eat it. he thinks because he is rich he deserves it. only thing he deserves is vilification for cheating on his wife and cheating on his children.

Guest Coalbucket PI

fuck griggsy he ain't got rights to shit - fucker cheated on his wife and kids with a fame-hungry slut. as a public figure and even more so as a man united player he is expected to set an example (especially to younger people) and the only example he has set is money, bitches, fame, oooh aren't I such a fucking stud and all women want me. no wonder marriage is a joke these days - cunts like griggsy don't have one iota of respect for the idea behind it and make a mockery of fidelity and the moral obligations of being a family man. fuck anyone who makes a promise to be faithful then breaks it - you want to go around fucking tarts? don't get fucking married then. prick.

he is a public figure as a footballer - his conduct on the pitch and in public should be open to the world. This affair happened in private. As such, it should have been resolved in private.

you a man u fan? you sounded more annoyed that all this might fuck up man u's champions league chances in an earlier post. in my book, infidelity is unforgivable - having lived through my parents divorce as a child due to my father's affairs, plus having girlfriend's be unfaithful to me in the past, I know first hand the pain and repercussions it causes. it is indefensible - like I said, he should either not have got married in the first place, or split up with his wife before playing away. but no, he wants to have his cake and eat it. he thinks because he is rich he deserves it. only thing he deserves is vilification for cheating on his wife and cheating on his children.

Did your dad or all the millions of other people who have affairs think they deserved it because of their income? Would you have pasted your dads face, or your face across the papers after these infidelities came to light, or would you have preferred to be left alone?

Did your dad or all the millions of other people who have affairs think they deserved it because of their income? Would you have pasted your dads face, or your face across the papers after these infidelities came to light, or would you have preferred to be left alone?

maybe the cheated wife deserves to know, more than he deserves to have his infidelity kept secret.

maybe the cheated wife ** deserves to know, more than he deserves to have his infidelity kept secret.

** - and the public even.

Did your dad or all the millions of other people who have affairs think they deserved it because of their income? Would you have pasted your dads face, or your face across

the papers after these infidelities came to light, or would you have preferred to be left alone?

another worried man u fan? regarding my dad, yes he did think he deserved it because of both his income and position. it was a power trip for him, he had multiple affairs and also slept with prostitutes. all because he could and he thought he deserved it, women were somehow his right as a powerful businessman. he tried to blame my mother for going to bed too early and not giving him enough sex so naturally he went elsewhere - I do not in any way feel it is natural to betray someone's trust in this way. my mother found out, and forgave him 3 times before booting him out. if I could, I would absolutely have splashed his face all over the papers yes. it is the hiding and pretending nothing is wrong which gives these kind of men the impetus to commit adultery.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't care about football buddy, and I don't think Ryan Giggs deserves any special protection but if my partner had cheated on me I wouldn't like photos of me and the kids all over everywhere and I can't imagine anyone would. As I understand it his wife hasn't left him so I don't see why she would want to drag it on any longer if she's trying to forgive him. Ostensibly I think that's why the injuction was granted although I'm sure he was chuffed to be able to protect himself as much as his family.

edit: keltoi I thought she already knew?

edit2: oh yeah and poor people and otherwise good people and people who don't think they deserve it do have affairs too

keltoi - the cheated wife always finds out, and it is no goddamned business of the public what consenting adults do in private.

BCM - I'm sorry your dad cheated and had an affair and your parents got divorced, I know first hand how much divorce sucks. However, your mom could forgive him, she understands that people make mistakes... and that directly affected your life. Ryan Giggs and this Imogen what'shername have no impact on your life whatsoever. I hope that when you make a mistake, it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass in say your job, or your personal life or whatever - but if it does, I hope that the other person can be as forgiving as your mother was.

i should add that I am absolutely opposed to injunctions in cases like the corporate one mentioned earlier, but in terms of personal privacy*, I have no qualms with them.

*The one exception is for politicians - their jobs are as public servants.

Guest Lady kakapo

I would argue that superinjunctions are almost all completely self defeating. Someone's private life may not be in the public interest, but it is in the public interest that we know the courts are issuing superinjunctions and the reasoning behind them.

Also, I don't mean to go all daily mail, but I believe the lawyers are making arguments using european human rights law. Essentially european laws are being used to protect the indiscretions of wealthy individuals and in the process undemining UK democracy. Ryan Giggs is a traitor and should be shot.

I wouldn't like photos of me and the kids all over everywhere

i've mainly seen photos of giggs and not his kids or wife - i think i've seen only one of his wife (who has strange lips). i don't think they should be dragged into it, or put in the papers no. giggs should definitely be named and shamed - he should know what he has done is not acceptable and if that means punishing him ny making him look bad, then great. a bit of humble pie will do him (and most other pro footballers) no harm whatsoever. also it should be remembered that adultery is actually illegal - marriage is a legal entity and to break your vows is to commit on offence - admittedly a civil, not criminal offence. people who break the law for whatever reason are named and shamed all the time and nobody has a problem with that - why should knowingly breaking a legal contract you willfully entered into be any different because you have a lot of money?

i think the main issue that a lot of people have with this is the fact that these injunctions are there solely to serve the rich, and they severely encroach upon freedom of speech.

i don't think anyone really gives that much of a fuck about what the injunction is about, it's more a case of being riled about the rich thinking they have a right to silence everyone.

BCM - I'm sorry your dad cheated and had an affair and your parents got divorced, I know first hand how much divorce sucks. However, your mom could forgive him, she understands that people make mistakes... and that directly affected your life. Ryan Giggs and this Imogen what'shername have no impact on your life whatsoever. I hope that when you make a mistake, it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass in say your job, or your personal life or whatever - but if it does, I hope that the other person can be as forgiving as your mother was.

my mum "forgave" my dad because she was an abused woman with her self-confidence destroyed by my father. she almost felt she desrved to be cheated on and was not good enough or strong enough to survive on her own (especially with two kids). luckily she turned out to be stronger than even she knew and was a fantastic single parent.

chauvanistic men are not my favourtite people as you can probably tell. married chauvanistic men are scum. full stop. any man who views himself as a "player" or modern-day cassanova is a complete arsehole in my eyes. unfortunately i believe 90% of professional footballers fall into this category. i have absolutely no sympathy for any trouble caused to anyone who is exposed as commiting adultery. i would like to see more men named and shamed if anything.

Guest Coalbucket PI

My problem with them is that they just don't really make sense, like lady kakapo said. I don't really care about Ryan Giggs and if he could successfully keep this a secret then that's fine by me. If the information is out there, then people have to know there is a ban on speaking about it, which means they have to be told the illegal information to know that it is illegal and that doesn't add up at all. I was starting to wonder if newspapers could publish the names of all the football player's who it wasn't.

also I just generally dislike 'naming and shaming' because it amounts to throwing people to the wolves and allowing newspapers to be the arbiters of punishment, which is ridiculous. if something should be punishable by the law then I'd rather it done properly or not at all. I think most people have good enough reasons not to cheat without anyone else getting involved.

i should add that I am absolutely opposed to injunctions in cases like the corporate one mentioned earlier, but in terms of personal privacy*, I have no qualms with them.

incidentally i'm doing some interior design work for him at the moment. :whistling: i think he's trying to sweeten his wife with a nice new kitchen.

when a high profile business man like him is having affairs and trying to cover them up, it's only right that his conduct in all parts of his life is thrown into question.

In light of recent events, Parliament has determined the injunction process is in need of revision.

As the events of the past few days have shown, once the information reaches the internet, there is no way of retrieving it. In this era of lightning-fast communication and group coupon utilization, it is unrealistic to expect that any such injunction process will prevent the spread of sensitive information.

As our main concern still lies with those who have filed a injunction in order to protect themselves from their own (and often, actionable) misdeeds, the Parliament has ratified (or whatever it is that we do here) the following changes to the injunction process:

The internet today currently serves billions of people worldwide, nearly 50% of whom are either 'wired in' to various social networks or torrenting 'The Hurt Locker'.

Considering the unimaginable amount of potential superinjunction violators, as well as the incredible difficulty of placing said violators under arrest (not to mention the intricacies of multiple countries' extradition laws), Parliament has determined that the simpler course of action would be to remove the 'victim' of this sort of exposure.

Any citizen filing for an injunction will be remanded to our custody and transported to a location where internet service is extremely limited. Like Burkina Faso. Or 1993.

It is hoped that this action will prevent the injunctioner from being haunted by his own actions and free him from possible harrassment. Spouses who have not yet filed for divorce will be delivered to this "internet-free zone" within 48 hours of the first damning 'Tweet', often accompanied by a lawyer.

The trial run of this new process is underway. Giggs has been remanded to the custody of Sergeant Murtagh, who has repeatedly stated that he is "too old for this shit." Giggs is to remain sequestered for the next 90 days or until eclipsed by the next footballer scandal, whichever comes first.

lol

Well BCM this is the age of the internet - you could name and shame your dad right now. Go post on the comments sections of articles pertaining to the issue at hand, places like the Guardian, Daily Mail, Mirror etc etc. - "My dad (Name, place of residence) is a cheating cunt. Please harass him when you see him".

Also after a bit of quick internet research yes marriage is a civil contract - and it is punished by the granting of a divorce.

The difference between naming criminals - is that they commit crime which actually physically affects others. Adultery might cause some hurt feelings, but fuck off comparing that to murder.

Keltoi - not a chance - if he's cooking the books, that will come out, and the company will crash and burn or fire him. His affair has nothing to do with the company (unless he's selling trade secrets for sex).

Geez - you guys are so eager to throw away rights to conduct your private lives, it's scary. The government has no business spending resources on punishing immorality.

Well BCM this is the age of the internet - you could name and shame your dad right now. Go post on the comments sections of articles pertaining to the issue at hand, places like the Guardian, Daily Mail, Mirror etc etc. - "My dad (Name, place of residence) is a cheating cunt. Please harass him when you see him"

*ragequits*

Well BCM this is the age of the internet - you could name and shame your dad right now. Go post on the comments sections of articles pertaining to the issue at hand, places like the Guardian, Daily Mail, Mirror etc etc. - "My dad (Name, place of residence) is a cheating cunt. Please harass him when you see him"

how fucking dare you you cheeky cunt. who the fuck do you think you are? you are wrong. your views are fucked.

It sounds like you're taking 'should' instead of 'could'.

no, it sounds like Chen is overstepping the bounds of etiquette. who the fuck is he to suggest how I deal with my father's past infidelity? it is not comparable anyway - my dad is not and was not a public figure watched by millions every week. footballers and anyone else granted huge wealth and status for essentially doing nothing of any real merit should realise they are only where they are in life because of their fans (ie the public). they lost their rights to privately commit immoral acts when they agreed to a life in the public eye (in exchange for millions of pounds). my dad's indiscretion was 20 years ago in any case and it's all dealt with now - I get on fine with my dad, we've exorcised those particular demons. but what it taught me I'd that infidelity is never necessary and should never be hidden or covered up. exposure is probably the only way these sort of people will look at themselves and perhaps change their morals.

Did your dad or all the millions of other people who have affairs think they deserved it because of their income? Would you have pasted your dads face, or your face across

the papers after these infidelities came to light, or would you have preferred to be left alone?

another worried man u fan? regarding my dad, yes he did think he deserved it because of both his income and position. it was a power trip for him, he had multiple affairs and also slept with prostitutes. all because he could and he thought he deserved it, women were somehow his right as a powerful businessman. he tried to blame my mother for going to bed too early and not giving him enough sex so naturally he went elsewhere - I do not in any way feel it is natural to betray someone's trust in this way. my mother found out, and forgave him 3 times before booting him out. if I could, I would absolutely have splashed his face all over the papers yes. it is the hiding and pretending nothing is wrong which gives these kind of men the impetus to commit adultery.

how fucking dare you you cheeky cunt. who the fuck do you think you are? you are wrong. your views are fucked.

no, it sounds like Chen is overstepping the bounds of etiquette. who the fuck is he to suggest how I deal with my father's past infidelity? it is not comparable anyway - my dad is not and was not a public figure watched by millions every week. footballers and anyone else granted huge wealth and status for essentially doing nothing of any real merit should realise they are only where they are in life because of their fans (ie the public). they lost their rights to privately commit immoral acts when they agreed to a life in the public eye (in exchange for millions of pounds). my dad's indiscretion was 20 years ago in any case and it's all dealt with now - I get on fine with my dad, we've exorcised those particular demons. but what it taught me I'd that infidelity is never necessary and should never be hidden or covered up. exposure is probably the only way these sort of people will look at themselves and perhaps change their morals.

You're the one who said you wished you could. I'm merely saying it's entirely possible.

Public figures should be judged on their merits vis-a-vis their particular public participation - Ryan Giggs should be judged by his ability to entertain as a footballer (and if you think that professional athletes don't give up anything in order to earn their way, you should do some reading on what they sacrifice to achieve what they do). Musicians should be judged on their musical ability etc. etc. These people didn't agree to a life in the public eye, they agreed to provide entertainment to the public. If they commit a criminal act, that's different, but adultery is not a criminal act. What Michael Jackson probably did with young kids is a criminal act. Barry Bonds using illegal substances to directly affect the sport is not only a criminal act, it is also directly related to his merit as an athlete.

Your double standard that it should only apply to the rich and famous is ridiculous - it sounds like you have real issues with classism.

You managed to learn from your dad's infidelity without it being a national media frenzy - shouldn't the Giggs family have that opportunity as well?

Archived