IGNORED

super injunctions

BCM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i give a shit, but not because of some has-been footballer, called Ryan Giggs, but rather more for what the whole bullshit situation is doing.

as soon as i found out the details, i tweeted them in full. fuck you Ryan Giggs.

for the record - i never said it was the person who may or may not be named in the above post. i'm talking about brian. BRIAN.

it's bullshit though osc is right - i heard about some firm that had got the news that paint inside ship's water tanks can release toxic chemicals into said tanks, completely locked down and unable to be released. sounds like that is something lots of people might need to bear in mind if you're on a ship, work on a ship etc.

i'd rampage imogen thingmy even though she's dripping with sloppy footballer semen.

fred goodwin was also named the other day. fucking serves him right too.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Is it actually Giggs though? I know it was all over Twitter but I still thought it might be chinese whispers.

Edit:

Oh right yeah it is Giggsy

Is this something that needs to be in the Football Discussion forum?

not really, i'd say it's more about the topic of freedom of speech.

Yes, I see now - Coalbucket PI linked to a news article explaining what it's about. Might be helpful to do that initially when creating such a regional discussion...

UR DOIN' IT RITE

Barry Gareth is the other one.

edit: I don't want a discussion on free speech, I want gossip. Which superstar idm duo have recently taken out a superinjunction to suppress any mention of their upcoming release? Chords of Banana?

Guest Pennywise

I feel pretty gutted about this. As A man united fan, I am finding it harder to actually like any of the players in the team.

I'm also wondering now if he'll be shit in the Champions league final. Nice one giggs, if you wanted plastic knockers you should have just gone to B&Q.

i read the article but i'm confused. someone put it in dumb america speak please????

An English court can issue a 'superinjunction' to stop the press reporting on a matter, or even mentioning that an injunction is in place. This is seen as a de facto 'privacy law' which traditionally us Brits are against. A number of high profile superinjunctions (yes, that's a contradiction) are currently being undermined by:

1. Social media - Potentially mentioning the names on something like twitter could in theory lead to contempt of court and a prison sentence. Actually this forum counts too and me and BCM are breaking the law along with several million others.

2. The Scots press aren't covered if they're scottish owned and sold only in Scotland. Led to the absurd situation of Ryan Giggs appearing on the front cover of a Scottish newspaper but nobody in England being allowed to mention it.

3. Parliamentary privilege, which means MPs can say what they want in parliament and aren't bound by the courts, and the press can then report what has been said. Giggs was outed today deliberately by an MP. Minor constitutional crisis as the courts and parliament go head to head.

it's an interesting case, because it'll probably be used as a test case in the future to prove that the courts can't stop people on the internet doing jack fucking shit.

edit: at least with regards to privacy concerns.

what's that osc?

you mean that manchester united footballer ryan giggs had an affair with ex-big brother contestant (and rather tasty young lady) imogen thomas?

Archived