IGNORED

Sonar Festival 2011

Guest rubberjohny

Guest rubberjohny

Hey guys,

just bought my tickets for the sonar festival. I was wondering if some of you also attend it. Because im going alone it would be awesome to join people who are also interested in interesting electronic music :)

if someone of you is going to barca it would be nice if you´d pm me.

Best regards

Ps: I´ll try to get some footage but i guess my camera won´t handle the soundsystem :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll probably show it on the TV, and it's on the opposite side of the country (I live in southern Spain) so I'm not attending. By the way, it's barça, not barca, and what we call barça are the soccer / basket / etc. teams, not the town itself.

Guest griever

They'll probably show it on the TV, and it's on the opposite side of the country (I live in southern Spain) so I'm not attending. By the way, it's barça, not barca, and what we call barça are the soccer / basket / etc. teams, not the town itself.

on tv? sounds very interesting. but im pretty sure they won't show afx, as always...

Guest griever

I've seen afx live a few times on TV3, Catalonia's local TV channel. Dunno if they will show it this year.

that would be very nice indeed! is it possible to watch the channel as a stream in the internet?

Ive been trying to find info on the RTVE - Radio 3 website to find out if Aphex is going to be streamed live but there is like 41 pages or something like that in Spanish, would love to know if they are going to feature some of his performance, it would be nice to get a good FM quality recording. Apparently he going on at 2.45 in the morning (1.45 here)hopefully someone is still up who will catch the stream maybe.

Yeh it looks like there will be audio alright, but they will be during the day and evening, some stations will be recording Sonar by night, but we might not hear any of this for maybe a week or 2. http://2011.sonar.es/en/noticies.php?id=180&page=1&year= So hopefully someone records it, would the Spanish be as noisy as the Dubs, I know I was guilty of talking and maybe roaring the odd time, but its quite hard to shush an audience when your trying to make out something like Tha heh heh.

RTVE's website is a mess, I don't even know if they're broadcasting Aphex... I really don't care, I don't like his live stuff

fuck you, interpret this mess, I'm not a spanish guy :spiteful: seriously tho, if you can figure out when and where I'll record it for those who do care. I care because you do not

RTVE's website is a mess, I don't even know if they're broadcasting Aphex... I really don't care, I don't like his live stuff

fuck you, interpret this mess, I'm not a spanish guy :spiteful: seriously tho, if you can figure out when and where I'll record it for those who do care. I care because you do not

There you go guys:

The program that's broadcasting Sónar is called Siglo 21, and you know what? If you don't mind waiting a day or two, every program can be heard like it's a podcast, including Sónar:

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/siglo-21/

If you can't wait, you can listen to it at 00:00h Spanish time.

You're welcome :closedeyes:

Guest anis258

Well it was an incredible set and atmosphere last night.. Richard was really getting into it too.

Another dropping of that glorious unidentified Singapore / Dublin track.. seriously sublime sound in the venue.

Still got Tha techno mix in my brain!

There you go guys:

The program that's broadcasting Sónar is called Siglo 21, and you know what? If you don't mind waiting a day or two, every program can be heard like it's a podcast, including Sónar:

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/siglo-21/

If you can't wait, you can listen to it at 00:00h Spanish time.

You're welcome :closedeyes:

Cheers mate, I appreciate that thanks.

Just got back home, recorded a bit but not worth posting, terrible quality both sound and image wise. Will probably upload anyway.

Btw, I heard some Spanish people talking about Steinvord, but couldn't understand much of it. To think he may have been some of the guys that were around there gave me a weird feeling.

At the end of the set I saw Richard talking to some people aswell, wonder if he was one of them.

Nice videos upped on youtube of the Sonar performance, theres a damn site more lasers and lights than Dublin, damn the early close of Forbidden fruit, daylight didnt diminish till 20 mins before the end of his set, he should play the Electric Picnic, at the Electric Arena tent and be given a late slot too, 12.00 am to 2am something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-LyhZmn5s

Archived