IGNORED

Seeking Come to Daddy 2x12"

beerwolf

I can see it on Discogs but prefer this to be my first port of call.

I am tempted to buy it but make me an offer and twist my arm, otherwise its Discogs.

Warp should've included all the tracks on the re-press. Why only 4 tracks on the retail vinyl? doesn't make any sense.

Agreed. The 4 missing tracks are mind-blowingly-awesome as well.

Guest Coalbucket PI

This is pretty steep on Discogs. I didn't realise these tracks were so hard to get on vinyl.

Some fuckers are selling Come To Viddy for a hundred bucks, I don't think its even that rare.

Warp should've included all the tracks on the re-press. Why only 4 tracks on the retail vinyl? doesn't make any sense.

yeah, this oversight (i mean, really a conscious decision, but wtf) totally confused me as well.

This is pretty steep on Discogs. I didn't realise these tracks were so hard to get on vinyl.

Some fuckers are selling Come To Viddy for a hundred bucks, I don't think its even that rare.

fucking hell, i have a vhs at home. really!?

When Warp put out CtD originally they told everyone that the promo 2x12" was the only way anyone was ever going to get the second EP on vinyl, and they stuck to it so that's cool. Remember when it was two separate CDs? The Orange ad one.

When Warp put out CtD originally they told everyone that the promo 2x12" was the only way anyone was ever going to get the second EP on vinyl, and they stuck to it so that's cool. Remember when it was two separate CDs? The Orange ad one.

the orange cover is great.

Guest Coalbucket PI

yeah, this oversight (i mean, really a conscious decision, but wtf) totally confused me as well.

Yeah so do I. When I looked there were three, one for like $10 and one for $80 and one for $150 or something like that. I bought that VHS from ebay for about five pounds just to see the video back when videos online was a pipe dream

Guest Deep Fried Everything

are these the remixes which you guys are speaking of? it looks like there are several versions of the cd which have these 4 remixes, if only one vinyl version.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

are these the remixes which you guys are speaking of? it looks like there are several versions of the cd which have these 4 remixes, if only one vinyl version.

late edit: duh

this is a great ep!

To Cure a Weakling Child (CR) would be in my Aphex Top Ten. And I like the way the ep starts with the manic terror of Come to Daddy then finishes with the mellow, bouncy IZ-US. As a whole, It's just one of the worlds greatest EP's. Got to get the ltd promo, there is no choice!

It's a great EP, but this and Windowlicker both feel like just a bunch of tracks that were left over and later thrown into these EP's. Pretty much like drukqs, but there's a very, very subtle common theme in drukqs as a whole (imo).

It's a great EP, but this and Windowlicker both feel like just a bunch of tracks that were left over and later thrown into these EP's. Pretty much like drukqs, but there's a very, very subtle common theme in drukqs as a whole (imo).

Perhaps, but CtD is (imo) the perfect introduction to RDJ's work. It was probably the second Aphex album I bought - the first being SAW85-92..

And when you think about it, none of his albums are really very cohesive - ICBYD is almost a compilation as well.

I have 2 copies of CTD promo, I would be willing to part with one. Only problem is the shipping as I am in the US. PM me beerwolf if you are interested, it is in excellent condition as well. I get my camera back tomorrow (hopefully) so I should be able to provide some pics if needed.

This is pretty steep on Discogs. I didn't realise these tracks were so hard to get on vinyl.Some fuckers are selling Come To Viddy for a hundred bucks, I don't think its even that rare.
Yeah so do I. When I looked there were three, one for like $10 and one for $80 and one for $150 or something like that. I bought that VHS from ebay for about five pounds just to see the video back when videos online was a pipe dream

yeah, i bought my copy, brand new on sale(!) @ hotstuff.se a couple of months ago. I can't believe that anyone haven't bought it before me.

Archived