IGNORED

undeserving people on benefits

keltoi

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

benefits aren't specifically for entertainment, no, but honestly man, how can you expect someone to become a productive member of society if they have literally no bright spot in their life? i dont get it when people bitch about poor people on welfare who have tvs. omg they have a tv. they can unwind and watch some shitty show and maybe not think about their miserable life for a little, relax, build up a supply of energy which will be much needed to face the next shitty day of their miserable existence. poor people are people too, and people need creature comforts. like tv. or pot.

its like people have this idea that poor folks should do nothing but work like slaves until they are no longer poor and THEN they can relax a bit which just does not jive with the current socioeconomic system we have in place. i mean really when you boil it down, there's an inverse correlation between unemployment and inflation, so these benefits leeches are keeping the value of your money up. thank them! WITH DRUGS!

You know that she makes sense keltoi.

no it really doesn't. benefits should not be expected to pay for entertainment, drugs, or anything not strictly necessary. you want some weed? get a fucking job mate.

interesting timing, but i just got a callback to do full-time in the lidl warehouse at 7 pound an hour, which is lovely stuff.

good news! did you ever finish your degree though? must be some work you could try and get more relevant to that... not that the Lidl thing isn't great for a bit and to get some cash together etc, but it'd be a shame to end up working there for the long-term and sort of forgetting about your old aspirations.

iunno maybe that's his only entertainment

entertainment!? is that what benefits are for? the world's gone mad.

Do you pay taxes, disparaissant? I'm curious how much. Because considering this statement,

the problem isn't the poor, anywhere. the problem is the rich. period.

You seem to forget that your taxes pay for welfare and other programs for low-income households. And in some cases...

"The court heard that he received £800 a month in benefits, including disability living allowance because of a knee injury suffered two years ago, and that he has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and episodes of "psychosis" for which he has been receiving help."

Goodwin, who has a £70 per week cannabis habit and receives £800 a month in benefits...

Your tax dollars contribute to total opposite of the help he should be getting, which pisses me off to no end. Even low-level psychoactive drugs are terrible for mental conditions.

Sidenote:

Well the test is bullshit. If someone passed you a joint you could fail a test weeks later. If you hang around enough secondhand pot smoke you can fail the test.

I also heard that a smoked joint only shows up in your system for 1-2 days.

So in conclusion:

if he's admitted that he spends this much on weed, it should be subtracted from his benefits until he can provide some clean piss. i mean the world's gone mad when i have to pay taxes so people like this can lie around all day being ugly as fuck and smoking joints to their hearts content!

Agreed.

I pay taxes, and i'd rather that mental defect was baked at home watching daytime tV than on the street hungry and ready to do anything, including robbing my house.

If the selfish argument is the only way to get through to some of you people, there it is. Plus money you give these people cycles back through the economy two and an half times apparently (US figures). Probably more times if you legalized the bud they're smoking.

interesting timing, but i just got a callback to do full-time in the lidl warehouse at 7 pound an hour, which is lovely stuff.

good news! did you ever finish your degree though? must be some work you could try and get more relevant to that... not that the Lidl thing isn't great for a bit and to get some cash together etc, but it'd be a shame to end up working there for the long-term and sort of forgetting about your old aspirations.

no, i failed my second year of degree, shit got real.

the general standard and speed at which i was expected to learn repetoire(from memory) was absolutely astounding, i felt like a seal with a broken back trying to race a dolphin by the time we got to mid-term exams/concerts in january of second year.

im currently researching the necassary training to teach piano privately and also in high schools at the moment, re-evaluated my aspirations to make them a little more realistic.

on a side note, classical musicians are cunts. iv only kept about 3 pals from that university, all completely up their own arse, and with terrible chat.

if the man had spent his welfare money on 70 pounds worth of, say, cigarettes or potato chips a week, you would be fine with that as well?

so how does one obtain this welfare money? id like to stop working and get money for viddy games, weed an such.

i feel like a sucker for working and not being able to afford that.

if the man had spent his welfare money on 70 pounds worth of, say, cigarettes or potato chips a week, you would be fine with that as well?

the dynamic of this discussion really changes from person to person, but yes, that would be fine, because cigarettes or potato chips have no effects on his issues with "psychotic" episodes.

benefits aren't specifically for entertainment, no, but honestly man, how can you expect someone to become a productive member of society if they have literally no bright spot in their life? i dont get it when people bitch about poor people on welfare who have tvs. omg they have a tv. they can unwind and watch some shitty show and maybe not think about their miserable life for a little, relax, build up a supply of energy which will be much needed to face the next shitty day of their miserable existence. poor people are people too, and people need creature comforts. like tv. or pot.

its like people have this idea that poor folks should do nothing but work like slaves until they are no longer poor and THEN they can relax a bit which just does not jive with the current socioeconomic system we have in place. i mean really when you boil it down, there's an inverse correlation between unemployment and inflation, so these benefits leeches are keeping the value of your money up. thank them! WITH DRUGS!

You know that she makes sense keltoi.

well nope. she's(the cat's mother) off on a wild tangent about poor people. this guy seems fairly well off for someone who doesn't contribute anything and i object to him getting free money for recreational drugs when it could be better spent elsewhere.

i don't know who said anything along the lines of poor people should work like slaves but it wasn't me and i'm stumped as to why it's relevant. although i can see how "get a job" equals "work like a slave" for someone who is work-shy.

lastly, the idea that we (working people or society as a whole) are better off with benefit cheats isn't even worth a single moments thought.

Guest theSun

hiking in to say working for "satisfaction" is ridiculous. if i want to feel like i've done something i'll go chop down some trees or breed a new form of superdog (pitbull/werewolf/michael phelps combo).

it's not like my job is hard or strenuous, but obviously people that get a similar monetary benefit for doing nothing at all is depressing. i want to sit around and smoke weed all day too

Archived