IGNORED

undeserving people on benefits

keltoi

i was reading this hideous, jeremy kyle-esque story...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hamster-killer-spared-prison-term-120811721.html

and got to this part which made my blood boil...

Goodwin, who has a £70 per week cannabis habit and receives £800 a month in benefits...

ryang2.jpg

the world's gone mad! and that's the 2nd time i've said that today.

if he's admitted that he spends this much on weed, it should be subtracted from his benefits until he can provide some clean piss. i mean the world's gone mad when i have to pay taxes so people like this can lie around all day being ugly as fuck and smoking joints to their hearts content! he's so ugly all his features have gathered in the middle of his face to have a discussion about it.

mad i tell you.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

iunno maybe that's his only entertainment

srsly though i dont think punishing poor people for using drugs is really fair since being poor sucks ass and drugs don't.

this hamster killing asshat can be an exception.

but man especially when you involve kids, then it's just... totally unfair to the kids.

he's so ugly all his features have gathered in the middle of his face to have a discussion about it.

LOL. And the smug smirk on his bird's face. I don't mind people genuinely needing unemployment benefits to support them while they sort themselves out. I don't understand these cases where asylum seekers are put up in £2 million homes rent free at a cost of £6000 or £8000 a month rent. I thought the UK was bangin on about austerity?

why does he get so much though? his weed is only £280, then maybe a tenner a week for some rat infested shithole to wallow in, and a bumper bag of chicken dinosaurs from iceland can't be more than £2.

iunno maybe that's his only entertainment

entertainment!? is that what benefits are for? the world's gone mad.

Don't you lose those benefits if you don't make an effort to get/keep a job in the UK?

i think you have to prove you're looking and applying, which is easy to cheat.

Guest theSun

i smoke more sticky icky than he does and i think it is ridiculous

edit - maybe not more, and i don't actually spend more. but still.

Guest disparaissant

benefits aren't specifically for entertainment, no, but honestly man, how can you expect someone to become a productive member of society if they have literally no bright spot in their life? i dont get it when people bitch about poor people on welfare who have tvs. omg they have a tv. they can unwind and watch some shitty show and maybe not think about their miserable life for a little, relax, build up a supply of energy which will be much needed to face the next shitty day of their miserable existence. poor people are people too, and people need creature comforts. like tv. or pot.

its like people have this idea that poor folks should do nothing but work like slaves until they are no longer poor and THEN they can relax a bit which just does not jive with the current socioeconomic system we have in place. i mean really when you boil it down, there's an inverse correlation between unemployment and inflation, so these benefits leeches are keeping the value of your money up. thank them! WITH DRUGS!

Guest underscore

its like people have this idea that poor folks should do nothing but work like slaves until they are no longer poor and THEN they can relax a bit which just does not jive with the current socioeconomic system we have in place.

this definitely doesn't describe my thoughts regarding "poor folks". i just think it is crazy that this dude is getting benefits and using some of those benefits to buy a 1/4oz a week. there is a difference between relaxing a bit and getting baked everyday.

Guest disparaissant

word im just theorizing here largely because there's a debate around where i live to cut WIC (which can ONLY be used to buy groceries) for people who fail drug tests. right lets starve kids because their parents are crackheads. shit makes me so angry.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Don't you lose those benefits if you don't make an effort to get/keep a job in the UK?

not all of these benefits will be jobseekers related, most of them would be for other stuff. jobseekers is generally around £50 per week.

word im just theorizing here largely because there's a debate around where i live to cut WIC (which can ONLY be used to buy groceries) for people who fail drug tests. right lets starve kids because their parents are crackheads. shit makes me so angry.

Well the test is bullshit. If someone passed you a joint you could fail a test weeks later. If you hang around enough secondhand pot smoke you can fail the test. I hear until recently even ibuprofen could make you fail the test (and it still can apparently in high doses). It's just a way for politicians to make it look like they are doing somethingtm because you know, doing something is better than doing nothing.

/rant

Here jobseekers get around $240 per week. If you're in share accommodation, you are probably paying $80-$120 for your room. Food is probably $50-$70 per week, if you budget. Then you have costs of travel, bills each month etc. Leave nothing really to play around with.

Of course, you can get rent assistance, And for the purposes of discussion, lets say it's 50% of your rent costs in addition to the dole payment.

Let's clarify a few things for the confused folk here:

Food is a necessity.

Recreational drugs are NOT a necessity.

With me so far? OK, let's continue:

Shelter is a necessity.

Designer-label clothes are NOT a necessity.

Still there? Great! To continue:

Having multiple kids when you cannot support yourself is NOT a human right, nor should it be allowed. If you cannot control yourself and act responsibly, then you should have the right to reproduce rescinded for as long as you cannot provide for yourself. Harsh? Yes. In a world with almost 7 billion people? A sad fact of life.

Putting your children's needs before your own is common sense.

All these people on the dole need to be supervised, monitored and helped (that's where the money should really go, IMO) to re-integrate back into society, either be educated, taught or given the chance to earn a decent living wage, and make the overall goal to get off public assistance and contribute back to the society that helped them in their time of need.

Are there exceptions to this? Of course. One-size fits all never works with human beings (in clothes or in life). More effort needs to be made on the government's part to ensure the people who genuinely need help get it, and those who are abusing/taking advantage of the situation are sorted out.

"The court heard that he received £800 a month in benefits, including disability living allowance because of a knee injury suffered two years ago, and that he has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and episodes of "psychosis" for which he has been receiving help."

http://uk.news.yahoo...-120811721.html

Goodwin, who has a £70 per week cannabis habit and receives £800 a month in benefits...

ryang2.jpg

if he's admitted that he spends this much on weed, it should be subtracted from his benefits until he can provide some clean piss. i mean the world's gone mad when i have to pay taxes so people like this can lie around all day being ugly as fuck and smoking joints to their hearts content! he's so ugly all his features have gathered in the middle of his face to have a discussion about it.

mad i tell you.

why are you not more concerned with how the rich and wealthy get away with their notoriously aberrated crimes against society? Let's start with tax evasion... then wars... list goes on and need much more focus in the media than this petty little article you have posted. In me saying this I don't necessarily agree or condone this guy's lifestyle - I'm just making the point that there are bigger social problems out there - this is the least of our worries right now.

Let's clarify a few things for the confused folk here:

Food is a necessity.

Recreational drugs are NOT a necessity.

With me so far? OK, let's continue:

Shelter is a necessity.

Designer-label clothes are NOT a necessity.

Still there? Great! To continue:

Having multiple kids when you cannot support yourself is NOT a human right, nor should it be allowed. If you cannot control yourself and act responsibly, then you should have the right to reproduce rescinded for as long as you cannot provide for yourself. Harsh? Yes. In a world with almost 7 billion people? A sad fact of life.

Putting your children's needs before your own is common sense.

well that's one thing this couple did right, had a hamster instead of baby people, but then he killed it

Guest disparaissant

im with bread. people taking advantage of a system designed to keep them poor and complacent is far and away better than the ultra wealthy continuing to "trickle down" a steady stream of shit that anyone who isn't ultra wealthy to deal with. the problem isn't the poor, anywhere. the problem is the rich. period.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-120811721.html

ryang2.jpg

mad i tell you.

why are you not more concerned with how the rich and wealthy get away with their notoriously aberrated crimes against society? Let's start with tax evasion... then wars... list goes on and need much more focus in the media than this petty little article you have posted. In me saying this I don't necessarily agree or condone this guy's lifestyle - I'm just making the point that there are bigger social problems out there - this is the least of our worries right now.

Indeed - the gap between rich and poor is getting wider and wider, and it will always be this way unless the structure of how our societies are run is changed.

come next year Universal Credit will fleece out some of these Incap loopholes (in theory)

it's a fact that being on benefits is more beneficial than minimum wage which is why so many skank it as there's no incentive to work you ass off all week for a meager £50 difference at best

there are also many benefit loopholes and easy scams for working people too in the UK, I don't know how other countries deal with this but we do have a sub culture of 'Kyles' that will never find work nor will their children as its too easy to get pregnant just to get a free house the spawn a load of other sproggs and stay at home all day on child benefit. income support, housing benefit ect.

There appears to be an event horizon forming in the middle of his face.

I once killed my sister's hamster by force feeding it a wagon wheel. I was only 6 though.

Archived