IGNORED

dgoHn

Phrank

The guy behind that vase track used in the aphex seaside specials bloc video. Makes very beatcentric drum and bass with nice melodies. Seriously talented in my book. Spotted this on soundcloud and though I'd bring it to the attention of people here.

http://soundcloud.com/dgohn/dgohn-at-ichione-2011

If you count Macc, dgoHn, Rockwell, Commix and Instra:mental (among others), there's never been a better time for drum n' bass--which is thrilling for me because I was sad to see it "go" like it did. Never really died but started sucking a lot. I love everything Macc & dgoHn have done. Snatched up the free stuff and the Rephlex material. Hard to believe "Vase" is a free netlabel track :crazy:

Not really sure what you mean about that. There's never been a worse time for DnB than now, if you ask me. Almost every DnB artist just makes boring dubstep inspired tracks theses days it feels like.

Commix is massively overrated.

Instra:mental are amazing, but the new album isn't even a DnB album.

But yeah.. Macc & dgoHn are some of the more exciting DnB artists out there at the moment.

Guest ruiagnelo

If you count Macc, dgoHn, Rockwell, Commix and Instra:mental (among others), there's never been a better time for drum n' bass--which is thrilling for me because I was sad to see it "go" like it did. Never really died but started sucking a lot. I love everything Macc & dgoHn have done. Snatched up the free stuff and the Rephlex material. Hard to believe "Vase" is a free netlabel track :crazy:

Not really sure what you mean about that. There's never been a worse time for DnB than now, if you ask me. Almost every DnB artist just makes boring dubstep inspired tracks theses days it feels like.

Commix is massively overrated.

Instra:mental are amazing, but the new album isn't even a DnB album.

But yeah.. Macc & dgoHn are some of the more exciting DnB artists out there at the moment.

Agreed. DnB nowodays is pretty much boring.

Macc & dgoHn come as a surprise tho!

Nearly every thread here that is is some way related to drum and bass always descends in a semi-rant about how drum and bass nowadays is shite - not sure why that has to happen here.

I loved the some shit saaink album, and the other bits and bobs I've heard by dgohn... was just sharing, that was all.

Guest ruiagnelo

Nearly every thread here that is is some way related to drum and bass always descends in a semi-rant about how drum and bass nowadays is shite - not sure why that has to happen here.

I loved the some shit saaink album, and the other bits and bobs I've heard by dgohn... was just sharing, that was all.

Actually i can't remember such discussions here at watmm. Maybe dnb is being discussed more than i thought.

You did good, not just because it's dgoHn, but because you shared it with us!

Guest ruiagnelo

That dgoHn mix would be great but I find it unlistenable thanks to yet another shite "MC" ruining yet another dn'b set.

i know what you mean. i don't usually like that idea as well.

but i am sure you are familiar with the collabs between LTJ Bukem (and GL Records/ LG Records artists) and MC Conrad, which from my perspective work out really well. what a delight to the ears

Guest Coalbucket PI

yes Rockwell is great

Macc & Dgohn and Rockwell have clawed me back into drum & bass after a few years out in the cold. Haven't really bothered with anything since a small flirtation with Noisia and Cyantific about 4 years ago

Fuck!! Apparently dgohn is playing at some drum and bass night in london on friday and I'm away for the weekend staying at the fucking in-laws.

Hey, and that cyberworm track is cool.

who's the picture of? ...your mum?

Why's everyone talking about rockwell. His style couldn't be further from dgohn's.

This is what I was talikng about earlier - the near mention of anything related to drum and bass and everyone starts talking about how most drum and bass is rubbish and then begin harping on about rockwell and instra:mental. Shit, why doesn't everyone use this thread to talk about pendulum and how great they are.

:facepalm:

nice mix, didn't realise it was all dgohn unreleased until i saw the track list. cant wait for them to be released, sounding nice. like the break on (what i think is) the unreleased nic tvg remix... same one was paradox - unnatural causes? nice 2 see more subtle audio stuff coming too :-)

Great artist. But it seems to be the same game for every artist on rephlex... we have to wait for ages for their material and when it comes out, its already very outdated sound. Makes me angry.

Archived