syndicate

quarantine

doom 2

day of the tentacle

dreamweb

carmageddon

beneath a steel sky

srsly, get dreamweb.

the atmosphere, the music, the murders, everything is fucking amazing (don't watch the whole thing if you intend to play it though).

Guest noitnemretsim

Does anyone remember the quest games, Police quest was badass back in the day. Finding that dead ikid in the dumpster made my mum freak when she saw it.

ROBOMAZE II (fuckin' awesome)

Captain Comic 2 (best PC platform game EVER)

Round 42 (my dad spent hours on this one)

Does anyone remember the quest games, Police quest was badass back in the day. Finding that dead ikid in the dumpster made my mum freak when she saw it.

I only played Space Quest, that game was amazing. Though I frequently got stuck, it was hard!

Guest viscosity

Hocus Pocus

Hexagon

Tubes

Pea Shooting Pete

God of Thunder

Squarez Deluxe

Lucasarts adventure games

this:

was ammusing when I was young with a mic atleast, now it just seems irritating

also Dr. Sbaitso

Commander Keen!

Jazz Jackrabbit!

Oh, fuck yes, completely forgot about Jazz. And I wasted many, many hours on the CK series. Especially 1-4.

The original Duke Nukem games were pretty amazing too. And Halloween Harry or whatever it ended up being called (Alien Carnage?) was another one that I spent a lot of time playing.

And, of course, the classic FPS games: Doom, ROTT, etc.

Anyone remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKYFNWxRY4s

20 years old.. holy shit

most of these recommendations seem to be based on pure nostalgia

Perhaps, but I highly enjoyed all of the games I mentioned when I originally played them.

Did anyone play the Star Control series? I had the third one, been thinking of getting into it again but it might not be as amazing as I remember. I kinda want something similar though, but more based on space exploration. Homeworld was close but not quite what I'm after.

Guest disparaissant
most of these recommendations seem to be based on pure nostalgia

Did anyone play the Star Control series? I had the third one, been thinking of getting into it again but it might not be as amazing as I remember. I kinda want something similar though, but more based on space exploration. Homeworld was close but not quite what I'm after.

awww yeah star control 3! that was rad

and data everything ive mentioned is games ive played and enjoyed in the last few years as well as when i was a kid haha.

civ 1 and 2 were great but i think 4 is too good for me to really enjoy either of em haha

sim city 2000 mostly just for getting a bustling metropolis going and then calling down aliens to kill everyone

and uh

the nancy drew point and clicks dont make fun of me

oh! and modey you might wanna check out galactic civilizations 2. it's basically civilization + star control. with a dash of homeworld.

Archived