IGNORED

Recommend good DOS games

YEK

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Dune 2 is in some ways still the best game in the genre. Almost a work of art in computer gaming.

Yes, and that soundtrack was brilliant as well. Mind you, it works only in-game. But it works wonders! There are few games where I didn't play my own music in the background. This is one of them. Too bad about Dune 2000 though. I really hoped for a Dune 2 with upgraded controls and graphics. And while those were upgraded, the remake fell flat on it's face on almost any aspect. Such a shame.

I believe Dune 2 is in some ways still the best game in the genre. Almost a work of art in computer gaming.

Yes, and that soundtrack was brilliant as well. Mind you, it works only in-game. But it works wonders! There are few games where I didn't play my own music in the background. This is one of them.

agreed, great mood and artwork. i still have the original box somehwere.

Dune-2-Battle-for-Arrakis-Box-Art.jpg

interesting fact: mageslayer actually used a proper 3d engine (the quake engine iirc) but used it to display exclusively top-down graphics. GTA2 did the same thing.

Interesting fact: mageslayer is now on my computer again and just as fun as i remembered :)

Archived