IGNORED

Recommend good DOS games

YEK

Guest Xenblake

redneck rampage? that was a weird game.

Lol yeah! Had forgotten all about this one, gotta get back on that for certain.

Dungeon Keeper I also have a soft spot for, the voice of the dungeon master or whatever was brilliant.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in elementary school (mac classic's) we had a game called hot dog stand which was great. you bought hot dog's , buns, soda and then tried to sell the most by setting your prices. sigh, i can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Guest viscosity

Monkey Island, Loom and Doom I & 2 were probably most memorable to me

other then that some other games I had as shareware such as Pickle Warsm Dr. Riptide, or Dark ages

also this game was eerie, would have serious panic attacks playing it

Guest disparaissant

i just found a russian warez CD from 1994. my dad used to go on business trips there all the time and he would buy me and my brother random crap, and that year he brought back like 3 cds full of warez. it was christmas x 5000. p much every game mentioned in this thread was on one of those 3 cds.

it doesnt work though! i am disappoint.

in elementary school (mac classic's) we had a game called hot dog stand which was great. you bought hot dog's , buns, soda and then tried to sell the most by setting your prices. sigh, i can't find it anywhere on the internet.

bahaha we had that too in our school, along with the oregon trail, and a few others.

bahaha we had that too in our school, along with the oregon trail, and a few others.

yeah man! oregon trail

we had oregon trail on i guess were tandy's and they used those huge floppy discs. when people died in the game you could write on your tombstone here lies " " some of us would write swear words which would be permanently on the disc which led to the computer teacher ripping up half of them. good fucking times

in elementary school (mac classic's) we had a game called hot dog stand which was great. you bought hot dog's, buns, soda and then tried to sell the most by setting your prices. sigh, i can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I miss floppy disks and mac classics. In retrospect, computers just seemed so much more mysterious and amazing.

Oregon Trail had a couple of sequels (the second one was awesome IMO, same gameplay w/ better graphics and color) so the series essentially followed me up to high school, but at that point people would just go online and play Bust-A-Move clones (Snood I think?)

Anyone else wipe out the virtual Buffalo to near extinction? (You've shoot 11,364 lbs of bison, only 105 lbs of meat could be take back) That always amused me.

oh god, indy 500. lemmings was great

how about this then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0zVP7jxVJ4&t=1m20s

i picked this up in the bargain bin. it had the same box and everything. had many hours of fun w/it

with my adlib fuckin soundcard! no shit.

Ah man, Stunts was amazing. I used to make some of the craziest tracks for it. The crashes were the most fun part though.

Oh that is awesome, hadn't seen that before! That's a hell of a bargain bin find.

• 2 months later...

i know i'm missing a lot so i want you to make me remember. i'm really looking for the first ones. 80's specially.

[youtubehd]ZcDN3zPWdz0[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]Vj8bp5a_JV8[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]tFRYcShKyOk[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]FKZ75uZqoMA[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]UvbVIo6UHHM[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ZZf9CWlF-iA[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]o6HYbQCRwgk[/youtubehd]

Wing Commander: Privateer

One of greatest games ever, and crowning achievement of the dos era. Sort of Skyrim in space, but combat was way more fun.

Plus amazing futuristic atmosphere, great NPCs, fun plot, killer graphics for the era... this is THE game I lusted after for years. My uncle had a $10,000 486 laptop(!) that could play it, so I was always excited for him to visit. But I had to wait about 5 years before I had a computer that was anywhere good enough...

Guest kokeboka

I had an Amiga 600 and played some stuff that also ended up on MS-DOS, including:

James Pond

Zool

Sensible Soccer

Civ I and II

North And South

...and yeah, loads of mid-90's games.

duke nukem games

jill of the jungle games

Because of these two being next to eachother, I initially read it as "juke nukem games" which in the context of ms-dos games, would be the most awesome thing ever.

duke nukem games

jill of the jungle games

Because of these two being next to eachother, I initially read it as "juke nukem games" which in the context of ms-dos games, would be the most awesome thing ever.

well, at least you didn't think "jenkem"

Archived