IGNORED

Tracks from Aerphax - Part 1

Guest aerphax

nice textures dude! I liked Irrit2 best of the ones I listened to (that, Huonqa, They Will Look Into Your Soul). I thought they could use more thematic development. Great sound design though.

i really like "trendwalking - walk the trend (we look at art)". but i have a problem with it. i cant interpret it right, i know how it is supposed to sound but i keep hearing it on the 3 instead of on the 1. i think it has something to do with the midrange bass, it confuses what the 3 and the 1 are.

hey @hardcode. Thanks for feedback regarding Trendwalking.

To the interpret part… I know - music in general, if you first have focused on a snare hitting on 1 instead instead of 3 because you are focusing on a baseline or whatever - it's sometimes nearly impossible to get out of the on beat/off beat thinking straitjacket:) It might have something to do with the fact the bassdrum is not a harthitting bassdrum. Therefore the midrange baseline as you refer to is more dominant. It might trick you. But sometimes (not often) I've experienced if I suddenly enter a room listening to a track from the radio, some 4/4 beat music can be interpreted the first seconds as reversed/offbeat. I've experienced that many years ago with a popular Rod Stewart song and I thought "what's that?" and few seconds after listening…"ohhh that one" even though I've heard it many times before. It was strange how the brain was observing in offbeat. It's when you are focusing on 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4. Older people (Real old one) have a tendency to follow beats offbeat. They have been brought up with waltz rhythms. That's why we see them in TV studioes clapping reversed along with the music compared to the rest of us.

Sometimes it's funny deliberated to reverse the beats. So the snares are hitting randomly on 1 and 3 and 2 and 4. It just gives a baseline or a theme or whatever a new rhythm.

The lyrics by the way:

we look at art - art look at you!

trendwalking ...... the walk is trendy.......trendywalk!

we look at art - art look at you!

fashion world...fashion world.......fashion world...fashion world - fashion world

walk walk walking down the street walking down street street walking in street street

trendwalking ...... the walk is trendy.......trendywalk!

i listened to it more and now i have an easier time hearing it as it is supposed to be heard as opposed to being 2 beats off. but i still get thrown off by the "we look at art" sample, i think it might have to do with the way the brain interprets linguistics. i keep hearing the "art" in we look at art on the 1, and the next "art" in art look at you, also on the 1. but they're supposed to be on the 3 which is halfway through the musical phrase. so its a confusion of the linguistic interpretation vs. the musicial interpretation i guess.

still a great tune.

Thanks Hardcode.

Yeah I might :) The two faces on the cover below aren't near what the person looks like in real life.

I don't think the person would recognize himself. Or maybe they are a part of a futuristic biological human shape electronic device which is a part of the art looking army..... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhwVDI98rsM&hd=1

Archived