IGNORED

Modular synth documentary: I Dream of Wires

ZoeB

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post it in, but this is probably of interest to several people here: Robert Fantinatto's making a documentary about modular synthesisers, and the people who make and use them. There's an IndieGoGo funds request up, and a long trailer / preview on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCyiDaM3boc

do you know how i can get a hold of some conan interviews? i want to see the ryan gosling one , and the full interview is up on the site apparently (cuz i know you can see the videos on the site) but for some silly reason NONE of those full interviews work for me. it plays the ad and then nothing. its been like that for ever, i can watch the little 1 min clips

its the worst thing ever cuz i dont have a television but i love conan and i love ryan gosling but i cant watch the VIDEOS

HELP ME

if Richard D James is your buddy and you think you can hook us up with an interview with thee Analord, we are definitely open to that kind of thing!

I've seen bit of this used in something else (I think) or maybe I've seen this a while ago and my shite memory thinks it could have been a dream?

either way good stuff all round :cool:

There was a shorter version of the trailer / preview a while back, and back then the documentary wasn't yet named. That's almost definitely what you're thinking of.

What if they don't reach their target?

According to the IndieGoGo FAQ, "campaign owners keep all the money they raise, even if their goal isn't reached." This is different to, say, Kickstarter. I'm not sure what the bare minimum is that the director needs to finish this project at all, but usually with these kinds of projects, they're fuelled by the director's passion and will get finished one way or another, the extra money just makes the end result better than it would have been otherwise.

Guest Dogboy73

Cool. Looks really interesting so I might put my $25 down on this :biggrin: .......... although watching it might just make me want to buy loads more gear!! :mellow:

Cool. Looks really interesting so I might put my $25 down on this :biggrin: .......... although watching it might just make me want to buy loads more gear!! :mellow:

You might be interested in an e-mail I just got:

Q: I wish you good luck but if you don’t raise the $30K what happens to the project and the investors?

A: It will still get made and people will get the package that they paid for. It just means that we won’t likely be able to afford to do things like go to Germany &/or the UK. There is already enough footage for an interesting doc, and after our West Coast trip, including NAMM 2012, there is no doubt that we will have more than enough footage for a great doc. But it would be a shame to limit it to the North American scene/perspective.

And yeah, gear lust is hard to control. You must be vigilant! ^.^

Archived