IGNORED

Machinedrum - SXLND

tokn

is he already off his juke style from Rooms? the beats on this one seem a lot more straight forward

edit: i guess what i'm saying is i wish there was less of a magnetic force coming from generic UK dance music because these rhythms are really tired sounding

I think he is just catering to the sound of the LuckyMe label that this was released on. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he played all new material, which I can best describe as a combo of Room(s)-esque juke, mid 90s DnB, and late 80s early hardcore/piano house. The place was going crazy, it was pretty great. I expect some of that will be on the next Planet Mu outing.

Alright fuck it. I like this release.

If you cant think beyond what you wanted to hear from Machinedrum next or in general then fuck you. I remember when I was a kid listen to housey type music and this was a bit of a throw back to that stage, but still something forward. You could analyse this till your balls turn blue for the artistic merit in it, but I like the way the tracks sound. The tracks have elements of Room(s) in it but still not exhausting that sound.

So ye, fuck you I like.

no, but really. 'now you know' went completely unnoticed, but this is his tiket to fame? come on earth people.

thanks for the tip. like now you know a lot, mostly the tracks in the end. but honestly: room(s) is much more mature and innovative than these takes on hip hop beats. even the house tracks on SXLND sound much more mature and evolved in my ears.

Saw him a couple weeks ago and he played all new material, which I can best describe as a combo of Room(s)-esque juke, mid 90s DnB, and late 80s early hardcore/piano house. The place was going crazy, it was pretty great. I expect some of that will be on the next Planet Mu outing.

Yeah Machinedrum live is amazing. Almost the best music I can imagine to dance to. Which Planet Mu outing?

no, but really. 'now you know' went completely unnoticed, but this is his tiket to fame? come on earth people.

it was most definitely noticed over here, i just didn't really like it. Before 'rooms' the only machinedrum release that sounded really good to me was his Syndrone side project.

Archived