IGNORED

Machinedrum - SXLND

tokn

http://soundcloud.com/thisisluckyme/machinedrum-sxlnd

Yeah, new Machinedrum!

By the way, I saw him play two times within a few couple of weeks: One time he was rocking a(n Ableton) live-set for only 30 people left at the place - it was amazing. The other night he played back to back with an other dude and finally performed as Sepalcure - that was mind-blowing. So if you have the chance to see him, go and enjoy yourselfs! Although he really looks creepy and exactly like this photo we all laughed about for days, but I don't care (that much).

Guest kokeboka

God I love Machinedrum. He's playing Lisbon supporting a UK punk band (god knows why, maybe some promotor mistook him for Machinehead or something) in February - I can't wait to finally see a live performance... His music is just so easy to fall in love with.

• 3 weeks later...
Another one. January 17th 2012.

12" vinyl with digital download included

Digital EP on all stores Worldwide

This guy is releasing so much. And DJing and performing all the time. Really amazing. Hopefully he isn't going for broke.

is he already off his juke style from Rooms? the beats on this one seem a lot more straight forward

edit: i guess what i'm saying is i wish there was less of a magnetic force coming from generic UK dance music because these rhythms are really tired sounding

correct me if i'm wrong but we have 2 people who work for planet mu posting in the new releases forum now?

didn't the other one get fired and go around in all the planet mu release threads saying how much they sucked?

• 5 weeks later...

word.

As far as this bwana track..... It's ok.... Like juke style at a dubstep pace.... Just curious, how does this fit with the thread? Is bwana a pseudonym or something?

When is this out and where can I buy this?

You can preorder

http://thisisluckyme.com/#store

word.

As far as this bwana track..... It's ok.... Like juke style at a dubstep pace.... Just curious, how does this fit with the thread? Is bwana a pseudonym or something?

Cant remember, I think it was the room(s) thread maybe you were asking for more people with jukey influences.

I think Room(s) is better than SXLND

Probably. But room(s) is a proper LP, while SXLND is just an EP, which (the promo text says) is Machinedrum's take on club/house music. So...

Still need to listen!

Sorry for the double-post, but you know, you can't edit posts here after some while (by the way: why is that?).

I really like this EP. It's a nice, friendly, catchy EP witch tracks that can be used very well to get a club banging. It's the most straight, dancy stuff from Mr. Machinedrum, I've ever heard, though his take on Juke and Footwork of course is very catchy and dancy as well, but in a completely different way.

If you're like me and you like experimental artists take a look at more normal club music and produce some decent club music tunes with their experimental approach in the background, then you will like this release. Otherwise, wait for Room(s) 2 hehe :happy:

Archived