IGNORED

Notebooks

wahrk

First off, I'm trying to find a new notebook to carry around in my pocket. I'm normally a Moleskine guy, but:

-The pocket notebooks are too rigid.

-The mini notebooks are too small.

-The cahiers have cardboard covers and thus fall apart.

-The volants don't have a pocket.

-I can't seem to find the soft cover pocket notebooks anywhere.

So do you guys know of any other similar notebooks of decent quality that are readily available? Lower price would be decent too.

Secondly, what do you use (spiral/reporter/planner, blank/ruled/graph, etc) and how do you use it (notes, contacts, sketches, journal, etc)?

My smartphone = my notebook... beforehand I just used a cheap pocket book.

Honestly, my Droid is just too slow. I also don't like the keyboard very much. My old enV Touch's was way better.

I carry around a stack of post-it notes.

I'm a big Post-It user myself, but carrying them around? Hmm.

i always have some cheap college ruled notebooks on hand for tutoring and personal use. i like to take notes and plan out projects on paper, and sometimes it's just fun to draw aimlessly.

i had pocket notebooks for a while but rarely used them. they were kind of bulky. but i'd much rather be writing down random ideas and lyrics on paper than on a phone.

this is pretty good actually (yeah, ignore the name..) : http://www.43folders.com/2004/09/03/introducing-the-hipster-pda

for a reason i entirely stopped doodling/taking notes and live a chaotic life now, but this was the most fun notebook i've owned..

the binder clip makes it a surprisingly solid package.. you just throw out used cards and replace them with blank ones, it basically regenerates itself.. yeah..

this is pretty good actually (yeah, ignore the name..) : http://www.43folders...the-hipster-pda

for a reason i entirely stopped doodling/taking notes and live a chaotic life now, but this was the most fun notebook i've owned..

the binder clip makes it a surprisingly solid package.. you just throw out used cards and replace them with blank ones, it basically regenerates itself.. yeah..

lol

Just picked up one of these. Seems like it will do the job pretty well. It's a shame that there are only 64 pages and the lines are a bit too large. It's a bit too fat for so few pages. It also doesn't have a space to write "Return to blahblahblah" inside the cover. In fact, the inside of the cover is fucking black. Lame. They didn't have any of the larger ones or plain ones, but the art (slightly different than the one pictured here) is actually pretty cool. The cover has a nice feel to it too. It even has pocket, which is nice.

I remember shit. IN MY MIND.

Yeah, well I'm not the best at that and I meet a lot of new people and am given a lot of stuff to look up later, so I like to augment my memory.

I also forget a lot of shit... with my mind.

Honestly, I have to use my phone for notes/messages/reminders. Anything I didn't spend an arm and a leg on I'm just going to lose. I've trained myself not to lose my phone.

Also, I can't even read my own handwriting half the time. Yeah, I'm amazing.

Archived