IGNORED

Did the BBC get that lad from the Inbetwweners to voice that idiot ship captain?

BobDobalina

Such a clusterfuck, any passenger account I've read/heard has been consistent about the fact that the officers weren't anywhere to be seen during the choas. All of those lifeboats that managed to leave were manned by waiters, cleaning staff, etc.

Such a clusterfuck, any passenger account I've read/heard has been consistent about the fact that the officers weren't anywhere to be seen during the choas. All of those lifeboats that managed to leave were manned by waiters, cleaning staff, etc.

Yeah. While I know I'd be terrified in that situation, if you sign up as captain of a ship, you need to man the fucking station if something like that goes down.

terrible tragedy this of course is, i still lolled when i heard the captain was ordered back on board, said OK then promptly ordered a taxi.

"fuck that..."

*screeching tyres*

Yeah. While I know I'd be terrified in that situation, if you sign up as captain of a ship, you need to man the fucking station if something like that goes down.

I've been on a few cruises with Royal Caribbean and they promote mostly cool-as-fuck Norwegian officers to captain, and they're very serious. They'll come on the intercom if we list more than 2 or 3 degrees to apologize. And when they do so, they say funny things like "ther vill be schlammin' and schlappin' of deh vaves. don't vorry, tis is normal." In fact, they've run into more complaints for being to cautious (i.e. cancelling port-of-calls, being delayed for fog, etc)

I'm sure a few people still would of gone missing, but if the Captain followed procedures and communicated immediately, it could of gone a lot smoother, there would be less confusion over who was missing and more people safely evacuated. This would of been insanely bad if it was out in open ocean.

Archived