IGNORED

Amon Tobin LIVE at O2 Academy Brixton

Guest soundcrash

Guest soundcrash

atweb1.jpg

Soundcrash is proud to announce the return of Amon Tobin’s groundbreaking AV show to London.

The slanted and expansive floor at the O2 Academy Brixton provides the perfect platform from which to watch Amon Tobin’s incredible Audiovisual show. Performing tracks from ISAM and classic Amon Tobin material this show will be an evolution from the shows which sold out The Roundhouse and The Forum (twice!) featuring new visual backdrops from V-squared set to Amon Tobin’s genre-defying compositions.

A new chance to watch the most talked about show of 2011… the concert of the future… today!

Tickets on sale Friday January 20th 2012 from here: http://www.soundcrashmusic.com/amon-tobin-live-isam-show/

Oh go on then.

Be rude not too!

Indeed, tickets bought also! Hope he brings some new visuals as I fear I may have already seen all the current on youtube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I enjoyed the main gig but I almost felt that the ISAM structure looked too small on that massive stage... thought they had made it bigger recently? Was that just for Coachella? Had a good time anyway, plenty of beers with my mates. Not much dancing from the crowd, but then to be honest, there wasnt a massive amount of stuff to dance to. Lorns music was good but sound quality was a bit ropey and it now bugs me how playing tunes off your imac with a controller can be called a "live" set. He had exactly the same setup at the afterparty, and I enjoyed his set there more.

No slugabed at the after party, but Raffertie played a rather wicked set of chunky tech house culminating with smack my bitch up, renegade master and a few 2-step classics that I cant remember the name of. Amon's afterparty DJ set was pretty damn legendary, loads of his own stuff from what I remember, a real "evolution" set in the same style as his solid sessions CD, starting off with some chunky hip hop type grooves, moving into some phatty dubstep tunes and of course plenty of d&b and destructive beats.

Anyway, good times, and not much sleep all weekend. Bit tired today.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the size of the structure too, I almost wished I had steered clear of all youtube videos of it as I expected to be in complete awe, like those chimps staring at the monolith in 2001.

Quite wish I'd done the after party but it was either try and get in past the queue that I imagined was outside or rush back for last orders at the pub - the pub won. Shame as I think we'd have been happier with the set you've described, there was nowhere near enough dancing for my liking at the show. Still glad I went but wasn't nearly as epic as I had hoped.

Just got back from the manchester gig. It was questionable of how much of it was actually 'live' in a performance sense but still a technical spectical well worth witnessing and a fresh blueprint for electronic audio/visual events to come.

Phat n' pretty B-)

• 3 weeks later...

Ya, I saw this at Sydney Opera House on the weekend and it was pretty nuts. Amazing audio visual assault. It was ear destroyingly loud.... a good few people actually left during the gig, unable to take the attack on the senses. Hearing music of this sort at such volume and fidelity was a rare treat indeed!

I agree that the structure wasn't as large as I was expecting, but it's still pretty imposing. The whole thing is pretty much a real world realization of the Gantz Graf dream.

• 3 months later...

I saw this show in Dallas on Monday. It was the most incredible audio/visual assault I've ever witnessed. The 2D projections onto a 3D surface allowed for some excellent 3D visuals without the need for glasses. The bass was so heavy at one point that my nostrils were vibrating.

Here's some video I shot...

Archived