IGNORED

Crystal Castles - ?

Hoodie

Guest Backson

wow, really watmm?

i thought you hated CC based on "morals"?

glad there is love though. first two albums are amazing. Ethan is an amazing producer.

Hooray. Now I'll get to hear from all the people I know about how great Crystal Castles is again, along with David Guetta, Deadmau5, and their new acquaintance in Skrillex (as well as Rusko, Datsik, and Excision).

Im siding with Xyrofen on this one. People who know skillex and deamuas will know CC and I will have to listen to a lot of people who think they know a lot about electronic talk about how theyre the bee all and end all of electronic.

Still dont stop me from likin them tho

Crystal Castles isn't house or dubstep. I don't know why you're comparing them to those artists.

Why are you comparing Crystal Castles with David Guetta, Deadmau5 etc.

That doens't make any sense at all.

I never said they sound the same or are the same genre. However, they're in the same sort of pop surrounding where every kid I know that is "oh man I love techno" listens to them and won't shut the fuck up about them while they also think Nicki Minaj is the shit.

God damn it, I'm such a hipster/elitist. Good thing I post on WATMM.

I actually had no idea CC was that well known. Expect 'Not In Love' has been played on the radio quite a bit.

I don't consider myself a fan, I just like a couple of songs they've made. They are not terrible or anything.

Their productions are kind of cheesy, sometimes in a good way. But it's Alice Glass's vocals that does it for me.

Everyone I know that likes them has a boner for Crimewave because "it's got like, the old school video game sounds, man." That's actually their main attraction to CC, it seems, yet I don't get why these people then don't consider chiptune.

Guest Backson

Everyone I know that likes them has a boner for Crimewave because "it's got like, the old school video game sounds, man." That's actually their main attraction to CC, it seems, yet I don't get why these people then don't consider chiptune.

As a band they are skilled in other ways to. When I first got CC2 I was scared that it wasn't going to work because they used so little chiptune sounds, but instead Ethan found other ways to convey the same ideas.

Not that not enjoying them isn't valid, friend.

As a band they are skilled in other ways to. When I first got CC2 I was scared that it wasn't going to work because they used so little chiptune sounds, but instead Ethan found other ways to convey the same ideas.

Not that not enjoying them isn't valid, friend.

CC2 is so different. It's a lot darker, but still very dancey. Violent Dreams, Vietnam, Fainting Spells... so solid but without overdoing the chiptuney bit (which they actually got a lot of flack for because they mercilessly sampled some chiptune stuff and the community went nuts).

Archived