IGNORED

Neil Young lol

oscillik

lol, gotta love the sycophants

We are not being a sycophants. If Skrillex comes out with an statement like that i would throw food at his face and laugh 'till i shit my pants, but thats the thing Skrillex is in his 20's and works around technology .. he should know better.

Neil Young is 66 and old school and he admitted that he doesn't mess around with technology when making music. (+ people respect him as an artists.)

if he admittedly doesn't mess around with technology, then he has no place commenting on things pertinent to music + technology.

http://allthingsd.co...-mission-video/

top tidbits:

apparently, vinyl is the same quality as a 24bit/192KHz raw digital file.

he seems to never have heard of FLAC files.

also doesn't seem to understand the practical limitations of carrying lossless audio around

at least he seems to 'get' piracy

let's laugh at old people, whilst sporting an avatar of Skrillex as a teenager. lol

*shakes head at oscillik*

see my point above.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

top tidbits:

also doesn't seem to understand the practical limitations of carrying lossless audio around

I didn't watch the video. Too afraid. But what exactly is laughable about the above points of view?

top tidbits:

I didn't watch the video. Too afraid. But what exactly is laughable about the above points of view?

saw the video, one question. Who the fuck is the presenter? (the silver fox) , he patronizes Neil Young a lot.

That's Walt Mossberg.

Mossberg has been a reporter and editor at the Wall Street Journal since 1970. He is based in the Journal's Washington, D.C., office, where he spent 18 years covering national and international affairs before turning his attention to technology. His Personal Technology column has appeared every Thursday since 1991. He also edits the Digital Solution column each Wednesday (authored by his colleague, Katherine Boehret), and writes the Mossberg's Mailbox column on Thursdays. He appears weekly on the Fox Business Network, and in web video reports, and used to provide commentary in a segment on PC World's Digital Duo, a computer program airing on PBS stations.

In 1999, Mossberg became the only technology writer to receive the Loeb award for Commentary. In 2001, he won the World Technology Award for Media and Journalism and received an honorary Doctorate of Law from the University of Rhode Island.[1] Mossberg is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers on information technology. In 2004, in a lengthy profile, Wired called him "The Kingmaker", saying "[f]ew reviewers have held so much power to shape an industry's successes and failures."[2] He is also reported to be the highest paid journalist at the Journal with "his annual compensation approaching a million dollars."[3]

In partnership with his fellow Journal columnist Kara Swisher, Mossberg created, produces and hosts the Journal's annual D: All Things Digital conference in Carlsbad, CA, in which top technology leaders, such as Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, appear on stage without prepared remarks, or slides, and are interviewed by the two columnists.[4] Mossberg and Swisher also co-edit the All Things Digital web site, which includes his columns, her blog and other posts.

edit.: and he knows his stuff. And given the subject they were discussing, he probably knows it better than NY.

Archived