IGNORED

Future Brown on Warp WTF?

o00o

For once I completely disagree with you...

The label WARP isn't just about "our beloved afxx twig".

It has everything to do with enjoying forward thinking (not common chav pop shit music) music from creative artists.

WARP is taking no steps forward and many steps back by signing artists like this and maximo park, among others. (Rustie? flol... Battles? etc.... Yeah maybe a song here or there is good, but forward thinking electronic music it is not. Remember when WARP had a mission statement?)

And I think there are plenty of releases in the last 15 years that have been amazing, forward thinking electronic based music. None of which future brown turd fits the bill.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warp seems to dabble in a lot of different genres. I can't blame them for wanting to go more popular. I can't blame anyone with such a money focused society. I suppose I can blame people who claim to like music, who are really just into intro shit like future brown, causing Warp to pursue them for money, to feed their kids and shit, but I'm not. Everyone is into music, but only a smaller fraction are INTO music. Hopefully one day that'll change, but... nah. Sorry for any incoherence, I'm a little off.

Warp releases something WATMM (typically would) like, Clark's Flame Rave EP: Two pages since February 26.

Warp releases something WATMM doesn't like, this Future Brown thing: Three pages in about 13 hours.

WATMM PRIORITIES

Warp releases something WATMM (typically would) like, Clark's Flame Rave EP: Two pages since February 26.

Warp releases something WATMM doesn't like, this Future Brown thing: Three pages in about 13 hours.

WATMM PRIORITIES

clark is boring

You guys are kind of dumb, nobody is hating on it because they are on warp (at least not me), people are complaining because warp has been pushing this on social media like crazy (even more than syro, exai or TH!!) and its kind of annoying really because by month two of promotion it feels like spam.

Damn record labels advertising their releases, almost like they're businesses or something.

Also, maybe they didn't advertise Spyro because they realised how shit it was. :emotawesomepm9:

I get that but I think everyone has a limit they can take of promotion for one thing, I think Warp promotes stuff to the ground sometimes, they did it with TH, Syro, Clark and they'll probably do it with new SP

To me overpromotion just tells me you are insecure about the release.

I think Kompakt has it right, promote the music you like (on other labels) on top of prompting the music on the label, it keeps it fresh to the social media follower

Everything of theirs has more likes than that when I just checked the Warp facebook just now, there was a Clark thing with only 17 likes though. That's pretty telling!

They seem to be selling it as a forward-thinking blend of everything and not simply as good music. I hate it when concept prevails over music, but hey since they're outright denying anything about this nvm I guess.

Kinda like the track "Vernaculo" somehow but this is all pretty average, even mediocre. Same vein as Rustie and all. Don't care much about the issue tbh.

what are you guys talking about nothing has been Warp material in the past 15 years ?

What´s with , AE, BOC,Plaid, APHEX, Jackson and his Computerband (Smash), SP, Oneohtrix Point Never, Battles !!......

dont exaggerate pls.

Oh and the Future Brown record is total shit :diablo:

3 likes on a page with over 300.000 followers is telling:

JuT0S0w.png

they do not even seem to care and continue spamming this mess

lol that must be weird for the "social media team"

WARP is taking no steps forward and many steps back by signing artists like this and maximo park, among others. (Rustie? flol... Battles? etc.... Yeah maybe a song here or there is good, but forward thinking electronic music it is not. Remember when WARP had a mission statement?)

They signed 0PN in 2013 and patten in 2014 though... I'm not quite sure they've given up on electronic music.

^ i literally excluded forum artists from that statement, go back and read it. i probably should have worded it better because it seems like i don't like warp. not true, i just miss the "artificial intelligence" concept, seems like it fizzled out quickly in the 00's for them.

ah ok sorry didnt read everything !

I don't hate this or the idea of it, but people claiming to be Artists with a capital A make me laugh.

You know, like really going for that "high brow" without even comprehending it.

i'm all for warp branching out and trying new things, but i expect the label to provide us interesting music, irrespective of genre. i can tolerate shit if it's new or experimental or at least offers something.

the core problem here is this track is utterly uninteresting.

Archived