IGNORED

Reason introducing plugin support

Root5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the prices of plugins? unfortunately, yes they're serious.

Really not pleased that legitimate customers who bought Reason are not even entitled to a single free plugin.

There are 2 free plugins. One of them is actually pretty good.

The others seem overpriced, considering they're locked into the reason environment. I might shell out for some though.

There are 2 free plugins. One of them is actually pretty good.

The others seem overpriced, considering they're locked into the reason environment. I might shell out for some though.

I just noticed that. Pulsar (the Propellerhead made dual-LFO) and what seems to be a very very limited distortion box. I'm not really impressed, to be honest. Pretty sure you could get the exact same effect as Pulsar can do with a combinator and some creative wiring of other boxes.

About the only thing I'm likely to buy is that BitSpeak plugin, and even then, I'm going to wait for the price to come down.

soo erm does reason's soundengine still suck ? *troll*

Does Reaper actually work properly yet? :trollface:

Is Live's GUI still an ugly plastic bag of failed efforts ? :dry:

I dunno, ask Bitwig :cisfor:

I'm thinking of getting bitspeak and buffre. Buffre is reasonably priced at its current discounted rate.

Bitspeak seems to be the only one with a permanent reasonable price.

I'm noy only shocked about the price for this plugin which really is nothing than a different looking combinator patch doing exactly the same. I'm really shocked about the television like advertisment they are doing for it, as if Reason was a kind of washingmachine or some shit. I mean.... seriously? That is gonna attract music producers?

wow, i can't believe how expensive these are. pretty disappointing. it's cool to see that recognized developers are contributing. but damn. at these prices it wouldn't take you long to eclipse the price of the software itself.

Also, while it's cool that Audio Realism made a 303 synth, it ticks me off that props never made an easy to use synth based on their Rebirth engine.

ya that was dumb of them. I was hoping that audio realism would make a 303 for reason. Now they just need to port over their 808/909 machine and reason will be the ultimate techno machine!

I think the prices are actually quite fine to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of these new effects devices seem repetitive. if there were a new sampler maybe that would get me. one where you can manipulate the direction of playback aka scratching. that would be great.

a lot of these new effects devices seem repetitive. if there were a new sampler maybe that would get me. one where you can manipulate the direction of playback aka scratching. that would be great.

You could do that in buffre, but you'd have to put it in after a sampler.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived