IGNORED

Aesop Rock - Skelethon

Rubin Farr

I'm not listening to any preview tracks, no singles, no nothing, until this album gets in my hands. I am a huge Aesop fan and I am willing to wait for this album.

Guest umop_apisdn

I've gotta say I miss the self-produced Aesop. Things have changed a lot since Appleseed and Float. I'd be interested in hearing something that goes back to his older, simpler style...perhaps.

You guys didn't hear his 2011 album under Hail Mary Malon? It was a collab album with Rob Sonic.

That album's great, and the Breakdance Beach video is hilarious

Guest CraniumXII

Aesop is the fockin' man! Love all of his releases. Generally his crew is fockin' great too.

My favorite Hip-hop artist by far :music:

Guest interr0bangr

I haven't liked anything Aesop has done since Float and Daylight, does this make me a bad person?

I miss Blockhead + Aesop.

I haven't liked anything Aesop has done since Float and Daylight, does this make me a bad person?

You didn't like Labor Days?

Guest CraniumXII

Nothin' wrong with that... But man... I'm sure gonna miss that duo as well :(

I though he was getting more "IDM" with his last releases though.

• 2 months later...
Guest cripps

I'm enjoying this one more. I tend to find the production too "samey" on NSP, whereas I find the beats more varied on Skelethon, or at least the sounds. NSP just kind of blurs into one for me. The only song I think I might end up skipping is Racing Stripes. I also think it's a lot better than the El-P record, which is just uninspired compared to ISWYD.

i feel the same way. actually, i feel like that for almost all rap music

Did you listen to it?

the album or the preview? i listened to about 4 minutes of the preview. still haven't listened to the full album (just snippets + the 4 minutes of the preview)

Archived