IGNORED

Free vinyl from The Bro

Guest The Bro

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slightlydrybeans - you know not of what you are speaking and are making yourself look like a fucking idiot. remember there are those of us that have had dealings with people, actually met them, been here for years and seen a lot of stuff, so may be speaking from a much more informed perspective than you.

the thing with promo for me is this: he makes far too many threads about stuff he is "going to get" without ever really getting anything - seems to make threads for attention and imagined brownie points rather than an actual desire/need to know the information he is talking/enquiring about. all the iOS threads were just ridiculous and had to be heroically merged by squee into a single thread as he was basically spamming EKT with a new thread on exactly the same subject every day for no readily apparent reason. out of all that gear and iOS stuff he posted, he has bought very little - likely zero. not that you have to spend money on gear or anything, hell make tracks on a kazoo if you like, doesn't bother me....what bothers me is umpteen totally pointless threads about shit that doesn't fucking mean anything or matter to anyone - even promo.

for example - this thread is titled "free vinyl from the bro", when in actuality there is no vinyl, free or otherwise. only a vague statement about him and "a bunch of guys" putting out a record "in 2-3 months" that will be "self financed". forgive me if i don't believe there will ever be any record. why would you start a thread and ask for "likes" or whatever for you facebook page (on the promise of free vinyl) when you haven't even got any fucking vinyl to give away?? i think he would have been much better off starting a thread saying "please like my fb page", or more specifically "if you like my music, please like my fb page" - absolutely fair enough. why he feels the need to invent some non-existant record he may or may not be putting out at an undetermined point in the future is beyond me.

also every time he posts EZ guys it makes me want to punch someone.

also The Bro is the worst fucking name I have ever had the displeasure not to be able to avoid looking at.

Guest sirch

^ that said, his tunes actually aren't too bad, whether he actually buys any of the gear he talks about or not. - better than most of the people who just try really hard to sound like/wannabe AFX/Analord, imo.

Guest sirch

but i agree that there are probably better names 'one' could probably think of than "The Bro"..

just sayin.

some of his older stuff was pretty good yeah, not really into the latest stuff if i'm honest. i will say he has great mixing/mastering skills though...but my issues have nothing to do with his music at all, just to be clear.

and i think the whole argument about something not being good becasue of "trying to sound like afx/analord" and "oooh, analord rip off" etc is way past boring now. it's like your own annoyance at people saying monolith is ripping off the tuss/analord... that analogue-y, tussy kind of sound has become almost a genre in it's own right and there is lots of room for originality.

Guest sirch

way past boring? i don't care, if it's current talk/topic or not. it's still relevant, at least in my opinion. i guess just as relevant as you bringing up things Promo has said/done in the past..

i think the promo-hate is way past boring.

i say fair play to him and good luck with the record. and don't let the fuckers get you down man. :)

Ok ya I agree with most of that. I jus felt this thread went too far down the road of pure mockery. Now that there are some actual complaints it's all more valid. Thank you for putting some actual ideas behind all the LOLs.

and I also agree that I like his stuff more than the chinese factory afx style stuff I hear on here a lot.

Archived