IGNORED

Nihilumbra

Wyern

Hi!

Me and some collegues have done a videogame called Nihilumbra and since I know a lot of watmmers here play videogames I thought it might be interesting to share. We started an indie company called Beautifun Games one year ago, and it's our first game, I am one of the programmers. If you like it it has been released today at the apple store.

The game is about Born who was created from the void and is perpetually escaping from it. You start inside the complete darkness and each world you get a new color that you can use to solve the puzzles. Here's the trailer:

Also, we participated in a contest called Three-headed monkey awards and I want to thank everyone here who voted us as we won the public's favourite award.

So, you like it? :)

looks good

Thanks!

I wanna play, how get?

It's on the apple store i'll give you the link. If you don't have apple devices maybe we'll port it to pc can't assure you at the moment, you'll have to wait :p

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nihilumbra/id500161349?mt=8

Game looks cool, but I do have to say that the video ad was mediocre. I'll make sure to check it out.

We'll we are a very small team it's all we could do with the time and budget we had. We'll try harder with the video

looks rad! saw this in the featured section of the app store yesterday, i'll DL and give it a whirl tonight =]

Yup we got featured on USA apple store. Hope you enjoy the game :)

next time!

I hadn't even clicked on the thread title yet and somehow I already knew it was going to be a side-scrolling platformer. The indie game developer scene should broaden his genre selection...

Anyways, even tho the game seems like a mash of game mechanics we've already seen and the art direction looks rather uninspired, it looks like it's fun (which is what every game should attempt to be, after all) so I'll give it a try

Looks awesome! I'll definitely get on it if you make a PC port.

Looks really good though as I have (null) apple devices I'll have to cross my fingers for a Steam type release ...

It's done with unity 3d so it's possible that we port it to pc in the future, still not decided thought.

I hadn't even clicked on the thread title yet and somehow I already knew it was going to be a side-scrolling platformer. The indie game developer scene should broaden his genre selection...

I agree with that, but we wanted to do something like this for iphone, where still there aren't that many games of this kind. But we'll take note for the future games. Also, when we started developing the game Portal 2 (which has a similar mechanic) didn't exist, we were shocked when it came out.

Also, when we started developing the game Portal 2 (which has a similar mechanic) didn't exist, we were shocked when it came out.

You should have mentioned that on the OP, it definitely makes a difference in the way I judge your game now

This game is amazing! One of the best iOS games I've played all year, second to Machinarium as far as these cartoon puzzle/adventures go. Seriously good work Wyern! The video doesn't really do the look or animations in the game justice. I highly recommend this to anyone that likes dark/melancholy stories that take a bit of thought.

I will certainly buy a sequel if it shows up. :wub:

I should mention that puzzle games are my main squeeze on iOS... Played through RealMyst last week, which was an amazing trip down memory lane, and now Nihilumbra.. was worried that whatever followed Myst would seem drab in comparison, but this is wonderful.

Archived