IGNORED

Against all odds, the new Public Enemy is amazing.

Alzado

Chuck and Flav sound a little older, but no less energized than they did in their hayday. and there is some great production on this album. really great.

is their production still credited to the bomb squad? sounds pretty average to me. that track isn't even remotely approaching the incredible densely layered collages of FOABP. Not that it has to be like that to be good, but it just doesn't stand out for me at all.

Guest Hanratty

It's just refreshing to hear these guys, even if I don't love this song that much. I think the world really needs some angry socially-conscious smart rap right now. I'm glad they're not trying to sound trendy.

is their production still credited to the bomb squad? sounds pretty average to me. that track isn't even remotely approaching the incredible densely layered collages of FOABP. Not that it has to be like that to be good, but it just doesn't stand out for me at all.

yes, Hank Shocklee was the mastermind behind Bomb Squad, just not the same since the old days. Will check out the new album.

I agree with Joseph on the lacking of the "wall of samples" approach from albums past, but its still refreshing to hear them again. Are they backed by a live band now? That would be pretty cool to see live.

You can't really say that it's the best since Fear of A Black Planet, if I remember my PE correctly they were still on point with Apocalypse 91. It was really that second wave of gangsta rap (Tupac et al., advent of the full-blown rap mu$ic industry) that pushed them off the radar.

It's just refreshing to hear these guys, even if I don't love this song that much. I think the world really needs some angry socially-conscious smart rap right now.

Amen, brother.

well the one thing that has changed since the old days is the pace. chuck used to be a pretty spitfire rapper. but obviously he takes things a little slower on this album. understandable. he's like 72. so i think the production has changed accordingly. a lot more grooves. but i like how they mix breaks and samples with some of the more current production trends. but not too synthy. which i like. it's different dudes. but it's pretty tight.

also don't judge on this video. give the leak a listen if you're skeptical. it's worth it.

also that got you gaggin on ga ga line that he repeats forever on that track above is awful

Archived