IGNORED

MARS, BITCH.

kaini

Guest ruiagnelo

All the planets in our solar system are just Earth in different stages of evolution. For instance, Venus is Earth's past, and Mars is Earth's future. /woahdude

From my honestly reduced knowledge in terms of the cosmos, i have always seen it this way, and never believed we are alone in the universe. The existence of life requires, in the first place, an ideal location in relation to a star like the sun, so it is hard for me to believe that no other planet had the chance of growing life forms and going trough a similar evolutional process. I am sure we could be light years ahead in terms of space exploration, if the most powerful nations would not be spending such amount of budget in war, banking and plenty of other futile things

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 -> black and white pictures?!

I came in here to say exactly this. wtf?

and in 2012 we have this

20120806_337_MARS-slide-7CIP-blog480.jpg

that picture was sent to earth within minutes after landing using the "hazard avoidance camera". this thing has got 17 cameras installed on it, one of which takes 1600x1200 color pics and films in 720p. we won't see any of that for a couple of days - a week though.

Guest ruiagnelo

and in 2012 we have this

1600x1200 color pics and films in 720p

can't wait for this!

Battling each other in giant robots on the surface of Mars would be the best thing to happen in my lifetime.

Just like how future wars are played out in :

xkcro.jpg

Guest sirch

All the planets in our solar system are just Earth in different stages of evolution. For instance, Venus is Earth's past, and Mars is Earth's future. /woahdude

From my honestly reduced knowledge in terms of the cosmos, i have always seen it this way, and never believed we are alone in the universe. The existence of life requires, in the first place, an ideal location in relation to a star like the sun, so it is hard for me to believe that no other planet had the chance of growing life forms and going trough a similar evolutional process. I am sure we could be light years ahead in terms of space exploration, if the most powerful nations would not be spending such amount of budget in war, banking and plenty of other futile things

Greedy Babies

Guest Gary C

mission_to_mars-alien_0.gif

I need to watch that again. The aliens sucked, but I don't remember being utterly disappointed when I last watched it.

Guest sirch

"go public" lol

they've been trying for decades

also 5X265.gif SPACE 5X265.gif

'they' have never said it officially, in an official statement to the world, 'Yo, s'up, we're not alone, dawgs'.

obviously that's what i mean by "go public".

...and it will ignite a war to end all wars, and the human race...

Guest Gary C

New pictures are dumb though lol. Can't wait for the real ones. Why will we have to wait days/weeks?

Making a complete transfer is difficult considering the distances, relative size of targets and that both planets rotate. HD images must be pretty big work in space-data terms.

They presumably have to schedule in time for the rover to transmit them too. I'd imagine it's got a lot of shit to be getting on with.

'they' have never said it officially, in an official statement to the world, 'Yo, s'up, we're not alone, dawgs'.

obviously that's what i mean by "go public".

...and it will ignite a war to end all wars, and the human race...

1. there is no 'they.'

2. the people working on space exploration are scientists, they will not say they have found anything until there is sufficient evidence.

*done talking about aliens*

this is from the nice links thread and is pretty awesome (thx to flurobox!): http://mars.jpl.nasa...ty/index-2.html

and in 2012 we have this

that picture was sent to earth within minutes after landing using the "hazard avoidance camera". this thing has got 17 cameras installed on it, one of which takes 1600x1200 color pics and films in 720p. we won't see any of that for a couple of days - a week though.

720P in 2012? We have TVs in Korea and Japan that can do 4K and 8K...

I suppose it's a bandwidth issue, transmitting large amounts of data reliably over 157,000,000 miles...

Guest Gary C

New pictures are dumb though lol. Can't wait for the real ones. Why will we have to wait days/weeks?

ftvwW.jpg

(not real)

Archived