Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

!!!! Read before starting a new thread !!!!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Rotwang

Rotwang

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 28-June 15
  • Interests:Physics, maths, poking things with sticks

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Rule of thumb, comment on at least 10 tracks before posting your own. Have you done this? No? Well, get going, buddy. There are +300 pages of music in the YLC.

- Is your feedback/comments worth reading? Are you giving sound advice (no pun intended)? Are most of your comments one or two word posts along the lines of "safe!" or "digging it"? If yes, then please do yourself and everyone else a huge favour and elaborate on this.

What if I'm a music-making noob looking for feedback but who isn't qualified to offer much more than "safe" etc. on other people's tracks?

#102 Joyrex

Joyrex

Pipe up, I can't hear you

• Site Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,264 posts
  • 1,765 topics
  • Joined 03-June 99
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/watmmofficial
  • Interests:annual percentage rate
  • PSN:Joyrex
  • Nintendo ID:Joyrex

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

Rule of thumb, comment on at least 10 tracks before posting your own. Have you done this? No? Well, get going, buddy. There are +300 pages of music in the YLC.

- Is your feedback/comments worth reading? Are you giving sound advice (no pun intended)? Are most of your comments one or two word posts along the lines of "safe!" or "digging it"? If yes, then please do yourself and everyone else a huge favour and elaborate on this.

What if I'm a music-making noob looking for feedback but who isn't qualified to offer much more than "safe" etc. on other people's tracks?

Surely you have (or can form) some sort of opinion?

#103 Rotwang

Rotwang

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 28-June 15
  • Interests:Physics, maths, poking things with sticks

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

Sure, just not one that's likely to be constructive - I know when I like or dislike a track, but wouldn't be able to offer much in the way of analysis as to why, let alone suggestions for how to improve it. Hence I can't do much better than

"thick, solid, tight"

and suchlike.

#104 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,664 posts
  • 377 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Sure, just not one that's likely to be constructive - I know when I like or dislike a track, but wouldn't be able to offer much in the way of analysis as to why, let alone suggestions for how to improve it. Hence I can't do much better than

"thick, solid, tight"

and suchlike.

Well, do you like the track? Yes? No? What do you like? What don't you like? Did it sound good on your monitors? Did the track take you on a journey? Are you wondering how something was made? Do you simply hate the snare beyond belief?

It's pretty easy really.

#105 auxien

auxien

John Fucking Lennon

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • 77 topics
  • Joined 09-April 08

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

The YLC is starting to look like a fucking wasteland, guys.
There are so many threads being created all the time and so many of these threads never get any replies. It's wonderful that so many people want to share their creations but it would be even more wonderful if you guys would consider the following before posting:

- Are you not getting any replies? Well, before posting a new thread you should maybe comment on some other people's music. Rule of thumb, comment on at least 10 tracks before posting your own. Have you done this? No? Well, get going, buddy. There are +300 pages of music in the YLC.

- Is your feedback/comments worth reading? Are you giving sound advice (no pun intended)? Are most of your comments one or two word posts along the lines of "safe!" or "digging it"? If yes, then please do yourself and everyone else a huge favour and elaborate on this. It shouldn't be so hard to explain why you like something or why you don't or why you would have done something differently. And be nice about it.

- Don't be a little bitch

- If you can't stand getting criticism then don't post your stuff. Quite simple.

- Is your track worth posting? Are you happy with your track? Fantastic! Let us hear it!

You give some, you get some.

Felt this was worth reminding everyone of.