IGNORED

Zedd releases his own album

OneToThirtySix

Guest bUUhUU

I'll go with gimmick, these are very boring, repetitive, trendy sounds, arranged in a highly commercial fashion that seems to attract a LOT of listeners in the US.

Saw his metal band live a few years ago and that was much more appealing and creative music, at least from a listeners persective.

Maybe he chose this path for money and fame, I don't know the dude. For me, there is just no appealing factor with Zedd, skrillex and the other poster boys. I guess it's just different in Europe..

I have only heard 'Spectrum,' and think it's a pretty crappy tune, BUT -- if he made a whole album that sounds like the interlude to that song (a sort of chipstep freakout), I would totally buy that!

maybe i just live under a rock, but who the fuck is Zedd? and why should i care?

wait i remember now, oh yeah that guys music sucks... my friend remixed a track of zedd's and it was a grotesque listen...

is this the guy that remixed Paradise Circus which the original I was like hell yeah no way this could be used for a commercial it's just way too dark but then the remix worked somehow for that one car commercial

Guest bUUhUU

music like Zedd's is soulless unintelligent wankery... maybe I'm just a pretentious bitter electronic musician but goddamnit they are ruining the art form of synthesizers

/wanker rant

Probably more the art of tweaking NI massive in a way that has been done a thousand times before.

But these guys are entertaining ten thousands of people at the biggest dance events, so I guess there has to be something between plastic pad sounds and glossy bass drops.

Bleh. My roommate listens to this type of music. Some of it I don't mind, but it saddens me greatly that when I take over mixing at our parties and drop braindancey/older tunes that people look at me like I'm a fucking old man or something. They immediately lose the ability to dance unless its got drops and that particular sound that 85% of popular producers have now.

Power chords, NI Massive, Drum beats that belong in Nu Metal songs, and glitches to distract you from the fact that you just listened to the same buildup and breakdown for 4 minutes without a single shred of emotion other than.

wooo.gif

the future is bright.

oh somebody else did the car commercial remix but he still remixed paradise circus and it makes it all fun/commercial/clubby so same point

That's Gui Buratto, he's actually signed to Kompakt

Quick skimming on youtube and I think this Zedd guy is not bad. Not good either. It reminds me of why I used to like French electro-house in the mid-00s (Ed Banger label) but also why I grew bored of it. Conclusion: "meh"

Dunno why you guys are getting all wound up about this. It's just dance music. And he seems to have an ear for melody; Spectrum has some nice chord progressions and melodic content going on.

It could be worse—at least it's not god damn Katy Perry.

Archived