IGNORED

connecting my tv to my internet

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

so I've got a 2010 panasonic viera plasma. I've looked at the options from Warpia BUT ideally I don't want to really on line of sight as the Warpia rep says you actually need to during one of the demo videos on youtube. My computer room is about 50 feet and two walls away.

My windows mainframe (windows 7) has got all my movies and tv shows on harddrives and I just want to watch them on my tv is all. why is that so fricking hard?

anybody use any of these types of systems?

yeah your best bet is to unplug all the cables, put them in the pockets of a hiking bag, give hiking bag to skytree for 3 years but make sure he promises to leave the cables in the pockets... when he returns sit around a campfire and drink some strong tea. dip any wire in the tea when there's 1/4 remaining and all your movies and tv shows will appear in the campfire, which is even better than on tv.

yeah your best bet is to unplug all the cables, put them in the pockets of a hiking bag, give hiking bag to skytree for 3 years but make sure he promises to leave the cables in the pockets... when he returns sit around a campfire and drink some strong tea. dip any wire in the tea when there's 1/4 remaining and all your movies and tv shows will appear in the campfire, which is even better than on tv.

Make sure Skytree has a great sparkling beard.

Just buy an Apple TV/Roku Box and you're good to go.

Guest Franklin

From what I understand though Roku only hooks up to the internet via your wi-fi, it doesn't allow access to your computer's files.

What I want is an actual wi-fi hook-up I guess to my mainframe so I can watch the things I illegally download on my computer which is 50 feet and 2 walls away.

get a raspberry pi or such small thing and run xmbc on it

you can then 'share' your download folder/ archives from your computer over your wifi to the xbmc machine and they will show up in the library [and prob only play probably if they aren't superHD]

plus u will be able to netflix/youtube/etc directly through it.

and for watching mega HD things that won't stream of wififs you could usb key them into the box or pre download them nativly to the box.

does your tv have any connectivity? my sony 2010ish model will accept a wifi dongle and then i can play content from my networked computers straight from the tv remote like a boss.

Another alternative is to get a Western Digital HD HDD - those connect directly to a TV and you can keep all your content on it. Dunno how well they work though.

If you have a PS3, you can use an app to stream the audio and video to it - MediaLink (Mac, and I think also PC) works real well and is cheap.

considering both tv and pc are stationary you could just go with a 50 feet hdmi and usb cable (with repeater or whatever it's called, as there is signal loss at those lengths)...if your apartment layout allows for neat cabling. then you just plug the hdmi into your a/v reciever/tv and plug a wireless keyboard of your choice to the usb. full control of your pc without compromise and not bandwidth limitations.

Archived