IGNORED

yan_g - unt077

Guest yanG

Guest Frankie5fingers

that kicked ass. the intro is great. and those drums! freakin amazing. awesome track man!

the only thing that i could complain about is that this sounds like its building up to something but never gets there. other than that theres nothing wrong with this.

Guest active galaxies

This is good and hangs together well, I understand why you're asking about the drums, there's either a slap-back delay or a reverb setting that doesn't sit quite right here, but should be easier to correct. Personally I would dial it back so the drums feel flatter and less echo-y, but it's a matter of taste.

I was also expecting the drums to be more heavily (sidechain) compressed, given that tracks of this type (e.g. some Brainfeeder-type stuff) tend to be side-chained to hell and back, but that's not a criticism :)

• 2 weeks later...
that kicked ass. the intro is great. and those drums! freakin amazing. awesome track man!

the only thing that i could complain about is that this sounds like its building up to something but never gets there. other than that theres nothing wrong with this.

i shall remember that when working back on it, thanks

This is good and hangs together well, I understand why you're asking about the drums, there's either a slap-back delay or a reverb setting that doesn't sit quite right here, but should be easier to correct. Personally I would dial it back so the drums feel flatter and less echo-y, but it's a matter of taste.

I was also expecting the drums to be more heavily (sidechain) compressed, given that tracks of this type (e.g. some Brainfeeder-type stuff) tend to be side-chained to hell and back, but that's not a criticism :)

don't know brainfeeder :/ -- don't like that sidechain fashion btw so i won't go in that direction but thanks for your input :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm especially looking for feedback on spacialization of the drums.

i reckon the break, and the snares in particular sound kinda thin/hollow, weak.

they're way spread out over the stereofield, and it's a interesting effect, but i think this track lacks some drum-punch in the middle of the field.

again , nice synths :D

Guest crivella

Due to multiple computer problems I haven't been able to work on current tracks so I started a couple of other ones :)

Here's one I almost finished (I think): https://soundcloud.com/yan_g/unt077

Comments & criticism welcome :) I'm especially looking for feedback on spacialization of the drums.

i think the drums are not important in this track. you could make them even easier, nothing changes. at the end of listening in your mind you have the melodies and the sound of the sinth. a nice synth.

Archived