IGNORED

Displaying Math in IE or Firefox

Hugh Mughnus

Hey guys and gals,

Didn't know where else to post this, google search came up with tons of stuff but it was all beyond my abilities.

Basically, does anyone have any experience with math/science equations or formulae not displaying in their web browser? I can't get any of the class work to display and I have tried both firefox and IE, most recent update etc.

I have looked for different codecs that might help, but have come up with nothing. Surely this is a common problem and there should be an easy fix but I can't find one!

Hoping a watmm computer genius can help.

wtf!

p.s. I'm borderline computer illiterate.. sorry

I didn't think you could (cleanly) - I thought people generally exported the equations out as images (.jpg/.png/.gif) when posted online - or for longer documents rendered as a .pdf

Damn man... That's what I was worried about; that was the conclusion I came to as well.

Seems a little unreasonable that we can send people to outer space but can't get goddamn formulae to show up on the internet.

rAGE! lol

Sorry lots of questions as the issue sounds a little weird:

So it's a webpage full of questions or what is it - What have your classmates done to make it work (if they have) ?

What is coming up with if not the correct text elements, just scrambled letters ? Maybe your tutor can tell you what font/application is required.

Basically yes, it is a website full of math questions and math labs. It doesn't come up as java or anything interactive; the website is displayed in regular html...

I am not in direct contact with my classmates because I am in distance education but I will send the tutor an email and hopefully she knows how to fix it.

Cheers though, thanks for your help :happy:

Latex webfont

Thanks... can you elaborate a little?

Is this something I have to download?

i don't really know much about it, I've just seen my browser load a webfont typically named LaTeX or TeX something when I see math intensive webpages. google is your friend.

I'll keep trying to find something, thanks Gordo.

When I look up LaTeX etc, it ends up fwding me to xml editors and other things to apply to my "server", which I don't have and I don't understand any of that shiettttttttttttt.

But you're right, it looks like that is one of the solutions to my issue I just don't have the know how to fix it.

cheers

How about this?

http://www.mathjax.org/

First result on google when searching for latex webfont.

I bet there's a better way but that seems good enough.

That was what I found as well, but it is only a zip file that you need to dump into a folder on your server. Doesn't do me any good.

How about this?

http://www.mathjax.org/

First result on google when searching for latex webfont.

I bet there's a better way but that seems good enough.

That was what I found as well, but it is only a zip file that you need to dump into a folder on your server. Doesn't do me any good.

Na it says right there you can call the script from their server. But seems like you solved it anyway so it doesn't matter i guess.

Archived