IGNORED

Fennesz - 17.02.12

mcbpete

2xLP, CD copy of the LP, a 12 page book, and a short film on DVD = £85 plus p&p :wacko:

In 2012 Fennesz scored this music to an independent Austrian film, 'Aun', directed by Edgar Honetschläger, based on the writings of Claude Levi-Strauss. This album is a recording of Fennesz performing some of soundtrack at a concert held at the Museo Marini in Florence, Italy in February 2012 - hypnotizing an audience with layers of treated guitar phrases, guiding listeners towards the sensual realm. The deluxe box set version includes, in addition to the 2LP, a CD of the performance, a 12 page photographic book, and a DVD featuring a 1927 silent film by German filmmaker Walter Ruttmann Berlin called Die Sinfonie der Großstadt (Symphony of a Great City).

https://bleep.com/release/41832-fennesz-170212

Don't forget the 10 quid postage on top :emotawesomepm9:

(I was curious to see how much it totalled so went to the checkout but then swiftly left, leaving the cashier confused and melancholy)

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, $130. Gotta pass on that unfortunately. Hopefully those recordings will be released digitally.

The 61min live set (WAV format) can be bought from Juno download for 8 euros..

It was one of those things that I hurriedly rushed to when I saw the link the other day, only to be let down by the price. I just can't justify it right now.

Maybe If I ONLY liked Fennesz?

Well if, you look into records shop, it's a new trend : huge & expensive boxsets with loads of stuff (bonus dvd, bonus CD, bonus flyer or whatever, 180g vinyl). Pretty strange... This Fennesz set sounds good, similar to the "dance" piece available on Touchradio.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived