IGNORED

Well, BT likes Autechre...

ZoeB

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compson, I've got a simple tip for you. Stop trying to talk on behalf of "99% of Autechre fans who post on WATMM". It's tiresome, and quite frankly, I think it's pretty stupid. Keep to yourself by sticking to your own opinion. That's a bit more effective than your opinion of what the opinion of another majority about what that majority would think of this thread. It's just nonsense.

I'm a fan and I can not see why ZoeB shouldn't have made a thread like this. My opinion. I can understand how people like awe can see BT as some hoax who literally pays other to make his music. That's fine, but that doesn't mean that ZoeB can't, or shouldn't make this thread. Personally, I think it's interesting to see Autechre getting appreciation from unexpected corners of the industry. And I wasn't aware BT was hiring people to cut up his samples, and what not. I've learned a thing or two. And the funny thing is, that ZoeB threads tend to have an amazingly good ratio on the hit-miss scale. Especially in the music production department. So, imo she deserves a lot more respect than she got in this thread. And I think it's pretty fucking stupid to even point this out.

I don't mean literally 99%, its an expression that means the vast majority of something. Which is true, the vast majority of WATMM shows little interests or favorability to BT vocally. That can be proven through sampling post history on Google.

That's not the point. Sticking to your opinion was. The science about what people who like autechre like besides autechre, is anecdotal at best. Stop proving your point as if there are some facts at stake here, and that some Truth must be preserved or respected.

We aren't discussing facts. We are discussing opinions. BT likes Autechre and all that. If you feel that's trolling, fine. That's your opinion, not some fact you can prove by googling some query. You have every right to point out that you feel you - or we - are being trolled, but stop going on the "I've got facts on my side and you don't, so you should just do as i say"-trip. Because it sure as hell is looking like that to me. (Call it a private fact, if you will)

Seriously, your posts in this thread got me to check that "autism spectrum" thread again. As I was literally wondering where you are. I'm pretty dumbfounded how you keep on handling this argument, tbh. Just get over it.

And it's not that I don't even think she should troll, it is an effective way to prove a point. I will still call people out on it though as that is the point of trolling. It's a mind game that sharpens our wits in inter-penetrating oppositions. It's exciting and educational; or can be. My overall view on this idea that BT/Skrillex/Deadmau5 are respectable musicians is very similar to my view on Religion, because it influences a larger majority of people than say Autechre and because we are automatically subjected to it through advertising and the media it therefore requires active criticism. There is so much music out there now that it is in everyones interests to explore deeper and share what we enjoy. When I recommend music to someone I try and find something I have enjoyed that is most similar to that person's individual tastes. And I get excited when I hear something new that I know one or few of my friends will probably like. I can make that judgement, I may not always be right, but I can get it in the general ball park. This thread (manipulative quoting) and the arrogant comment about users on watmm being superficial towards BT is an advertisement. It's suggesting that there is something wrong with you if you dislike BT's music AND his hair (advertisers do this by making you feel like shit if you aren't happy when you drink pepsi) and it is also infiltrating a zone that the vast majority of the users have no/little interests in. The result being thumbs down. I have no issue with Zoe or her music tastes, as I have made no direct comments about her in that manner. I do apologize if you genuinely are reading it as that. But I do think BT's music sucks and this thread was troll bait.

Funny thing is that it's pretty obvious you wrote that post before even having read my post.

Seriously, log off for a couple of hours. And see how the world looks like from a fresh perspective.

Funny thing is that it's pretty obvious you wrote that post before even having read my post.

Seriously, log off for a couple of hours. And see how the world looks like from a fresh perspective.

The only person fuming here is you and LimpyLoo earlier. I am simply arguing the thread was presented in a way that I felt was trolling. It is my opinion as is it is mine that the majority of active WATMMers don't like or listen to BT's music. These are viewpoints that don't deserve the ridicule and arrogance you have just displayed in accusing me of having a mental disorder.

Good day sir!

Seriously, cheers but fuck off lol. :)

Character assassination is a losing man's game. You'd be better off actually arguing for something rather than just calling a perspective stupid. Where's the challenge in that? :spiteful:

edit: read my post again - no accusation whatsoever. It's about specific behavior in this thread which got me wondering. If you feel an implied generalisation, that's fine. But the obvious consequence - of that feeling - is that it has become impossible to receive any feedback on specific behavior. My form might have been far from perfect, but I was pretty explicit about what/where/why, imo (contrary to the usual generalisations....and generalisations about generalisations, etc).

edit: read my post again - no accusation whatsoever. It's about specific behavior in this thread which got me wondering. If you feel an implied generalisation, that's fine. But the obvious consequence - of that feeling - is that it has become impossible to receive any feedback on specific behavior. My form might have been far from perfect, but I was pretty explicit about what/where/why, imo (contrary to the usual generalisations....and generalisations about generalisations, etc).

Except you aren't a doctor or a scientist. So your opinion about such a thing is by definition arrogant when implied so heavily. While my opinion that this thread is troll bait does not require phd credentials. :)

Archived