IGNORED

going to start a cheap keyboard sounds blog

Ragnar

http://cheapotoysounds.blogspot.com/

learned how to rig up a line out to anything with a speaker (I hate when people just put a mic to the speaker) so I'm going to start building up an arsenal of cheap no-name keyboard drumkits, and I'm sharing them on this blog. My ultimate goal is to make "Madeinchina-lord" or something. If this is quasi-legal just remove this topic. But yeah I'm starting this because there are about 12684574 circuit-bending videos on youtube but nobody ever posts the pre-bending sounds, and I think a lot of the drum sounds have more character/strange timbres than their generic glitched-up counterparts. Plus the toys I have are so cheap there are all misspellings like 'new age' is NEW NEW instead

clicked link expecting drum sounds

got some racist soundboard instead

hahaha

I just started today sorry and it was the cheapest electronic thing I owned so :(((

this is great. :) YOu need to release sound packs on freesound too. Use freesound to host all your audio files. Extra findability and all that. Good stuff.

technically freesound doesn't allow drum machine sounds

great idea, i used to have a bunch of kits but they got erased in an HD crash. One of them was of this awesome analog synth drum trigger unit made by kawasaki, and for the life of me i haven't been able to find any information at all on the internet. You couldn't tweak the sounds at all but the circuit was so poorly made that it would just sound really different every time you hit a sound or played back a rhythm. The thing was a neon green drum brain with black pads attached to it. Does this ring a bell for anybody?

I really wish I could of captured the sounds my cheap casio watch made before it's battery died out - it would start fluctuating in tones as the power varied, enough so that a kid I was working with as a soccer ref was like "dude, sounds like video game music"

added two more sets, one was lying around for a while. If a keyboard already has a headphone out would it be better to attach/switch it with one of the headphone jacks from radioshack? They probably have GOLD CONNECTORS and all that good stuff

Also I caved and did some circuit bending with the kawasaki keyboard. I removed some resistor and it ended up making these weird squealing/bee noises

added some cheap drumpad toy designed in the uk apparently (!) Already had a headphone out so rips are straight from that. Any of these that I don't need to take apart I'm giving to my nephew so sry

Archived