IGNORED

How awesome is Peter Dinklage?

Rubin Farr

This is separate from the Thrones thread, which I'm not a fan of since it's too slow for me, but Dinklage is the star in the making there. Not to mention he's convinced everyone he's British and not from New Jersey. He was great as Mini Drunk Uncle on SNL, and now he's stached up to play Oliver Trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past, one of the greatest 80s X-Men stories by far. I hope he can transition into the first little person leading man, I think he has the charisma to pull it off.

http://io9.com/peter-dinklage-sports-a-70s-mustache-on-the-set-of-x-m-509918663

his accent is complete shit in GoT, but his acting makes it irrelevant. The dude is a damn good actor.

I've been comparing Game of Thrones in many ways to The Wire; i'd almost compare Dinklage and Tyrion Lannister with McNulty and Dominic West. West had a fucking ATROCIOUS baltimore accent, shit maryland accent, shit, american accent, but the strength of the character and the writing suspended our disbelief.

Dinklage is cool as shit, as far as I'm concerned.

you dont have to be sexually attracted to an actor/ess to appreciate their work

the question was how handsome he is.

I love him as an actor, i dont think hes handsome.

his accent is complete shit in GoT, but his acting makes it irrelevant. The dude is a damn good actor.

I've been comparing Game of Thrones in many ways to The Wire; i'd almost compare Dinklage and Tyrion Lannister with McNulty and Dominic West. West had a fucking ATROCIOUS baltimore accent, shit maryland accent, shit, american accent, but the strength of the character and the writing suspended our disbelief.

good comparison actually, however I warmed to Dinklage's acting quicker than West's. I wasn't really a fan of West until over half way though season one, but I think the wire in general was a bit like that...

so sorry i read the title wrong, please delete my posts and publicly shame me.

Yes he is awesome.

That wasn't in the OP, charisma is different to looks. There are many actors which are fairly plain/ugly but they have a certain charisma or charm that puts them in the lead roles.

lol, you hightist bitch

good comparison actually, however I warmed to Dinklage's acting quicker than West's. I wasn't really a fan of West until over half way though season one, but I think the wire in general was a bit like that...

me too. West's role wasn't major until S2 onward really. and again, he had a fucking HORRIBLE accent. i only keep emphasizing that because everyone is always quick to talk about how shit americans are at english accents; its obvious West didn't even fucking try to mimic a Maryland, much less Baltimore accent. let's at least admit the shit flies both ways.

but anyways, this is a celebration thread for the awesomeness that is Peter Dinklage

he's awesome for more than just GoT, I'm sure.

his performance in The Station Agent was obviously amazing; and I loved his cameo in Elf. Beat the shit out of Will Ferrell hell yeah!!!

edit: wtf double post????

Guest Adam

Haaaaaaaa wow, I was just talking in CHATMM yesterday about how handsome he is. I'm not gay but he's pretty damn hot and I'd love him to rape me. Coolest man on the planet.

Guest Adam

Do you actually read your posts before you post them?

No way why would I waste time on reading what I just wrote?

I beg to differ, cuz. I think she's 100x as hot (but I prefer brunettes anyway).

I think she looks better there, she looks too young with white blonde hair... She's not normally my type, but Im keen.

Guest cult fiction

his british accent is debatable but he is a good actor.

He is doing a Westeros accent, not a British accent, and he is fucking nailing it...

#dinklage

Archived