IGNORED

POP/ROCK Boards of Canada

zlemflolia

twoism to the rescue:

SPOILER ALERT: This post has photos of the packaging of the Japanese version of Tomorrow's Harvest. If you are looking forward to the UK or USA releases, I don't recommend you look at the pictures, because I think the packaging is basically the same and it will spoil the fun of opening it for yourself!

My friend in the UK asked for photos of the JP version in case he wants me to buy him a copy, so I thought I would also post the photos here because some people will be interested. I am new to the forum, but I have enjoyed lurking here the past few months and thought this could pay back some of the love!

I bought the CD from Kobe Tower Records this morning, and they gave me a lot of free stuff.
First, they gave me the poster and a Warp Records magnet.
Then, they pulled out a raffle box! There were about 20 tickets inside. I won a postcard. I asked the girl what the other prizes were, and she said an LP! I asked what was the LP, but she wouldn't tell me (You probably know what I'm thinking, but I guess it will just be an LP copy of TH)!

I also picked up a small Warp Records Campaign booklet with features on all the artists with summer releases.

Unfortunately, my CD player doesn't allow me to search for pre-gap tracks, but there might be an older CD player at work that I can try out tomorrow. Will report back if there is anything, or if nobody else has found it first!

Pics:

The Front and Back of the CD:

boc-01-front.JPG

boc-02-back.JPG

Opening the case:

boc-03-opening1.JPG

boc-04-opening2.JPG

The full spread with the art cards (note, the images on the cards are NOT in the CD booklet):

boc-05-artcards.JPG

There is nothing printed on the back of the cards.

Art card 1:

boc-06-artcard1.JPG

Art card 2:

boc-07-artcard2.JPG

Art card 3:

boc-08-artcard3.JPG

The CD (with secret message!):

boc-09-cd.JPG

The inner booklet (I'm not going to show you pics of the inner booklet though! Keep some surprises ; ) ) :

boc-10-opening3.JPG

The CD sleeve inserts (Booklet, Japanese Bio, Warp Campaign card):

boc-11-insertsJPG.JPG

The Japanese Bio sheet:

boc-012-insert.JPG

The freebies they gave me (poster, Warp Magnet, Warp Campaign booklet and the postcard I won in the raffle):

boc-013-freebies.JPG

The BOC page in the Warp Campaign booklet:

boc-014-campaign.JPG

It was really exciting to go in first thing in the morning and pick it up and be surprised with a raffle! I didn't listen to the stream on Monday, so all I know is RFTD and the Detroit festival track. I am going to wait until sunset tonight and then blast it out of my stereo with a cool drink! It's a bit humid today and I have a nice ocean view where I can watch the boats... opposite from the desert I know, but still cool : )

If you have any questions about the JP release, let me know!

Guest Gravity

twoism to the rescue:

SPOILER ALERT: This post has photos of the packaging of the Japanese version of Tomorrow's Harvest. If you are looking forward to the UK or USA releases, I don't recommend you look at the pictures, because I think the packaging is basically the same and it will spoil the fun of opening it for yourself!

My friend in the UK asked for photos of the JP version in case he wants me to buy him a copy, so I thought I would also post the photos here because some people will be interested. I am new to the forum, but I have enjoyed lurking here the past few months and thought this could pay back some of the love!

I bought the CD from Kobe Tower Records this morning, and they gave me a lot of free stuff.

First, they gave me the poster and a Warp Records magnet.

Then, they pulled out a raffle box! There were about 20 tickets inside. I won a postcard. I asked the girl what the other prizes were, and she said an LP! I asked what was the LP, but she wouldn't tell me (You probably know what I'm thinking, but I guess it will just be an LP copy of TH)!

I also picked up a small Warp Records Campaign booklet with features on all the artists with summer releases.

Unfortunately, my CD player doesn't allow me to search for pre-gap tracks, but there might be an older CD player at work that I can try out tomorrow. Will report back if there is anything, or if nobody else has found it first!

Pics:

The Front and Back of the CD:

boc-01-front.JPG

boc-02-back.JPG

Opening the case:

boc-03-opening1.JPG

boc-04-opening2.JPG

The full spread with the art cards (note, the images on the cards are NOT in the CD booklet):

boc-05-artcards.JPG

There is nothing printed on the back of the cards.

Art card 1:

boc-06-artcard1.JPG

Art card 2:

boc-07-artcard2.JPG

Art card 3:

boc-08-artcard3.JPG

The CD (with secret message!):

boc-09-cd.JPG

The inner booklet (I'm not going to show you pics of the inner booklet though! Keep some surprises ; ) ) :

boc-10-opening3.JPG

The CD sleeve inserts (Booklet, Japanese Bio, Warp Campaign card):

boc-11-insertsJPG.JPG

The Japanese Bio sheet:

boc-012-insert.JPG

The freebies they gave me (poster, Warp Magnet, Warp Campaign booklet and the postcard I won in the raffle):

boc-013-freebies.JPG

The BOC page in the Warp Campaign booklet:

boc-014-campaign.JPG

It was really exciting to go in first thing in the morning and pick it up and be surprised with a raffle! I didn't listen to the stream on Monday, so all I know is RFTD and the Detroit festival track. I am going to wait until sunset tonight and then blast it out of my stereo with a cool drink! It's a bit humid today and I have a nice ocean view where I can watch the boats... opposite from the desert I know, but still cool : )

If you have any questions about the JP release, let me know!

Love it, can't wait to flip through the booklet when it arrives. Hopefully it won't take forever.

it contains a code that gets you your copy 7 days after everyone who downloaded the leak.

sounds awesome !

Holy fuck thats a looot of fan stuff there !

Guest Papillon

I want the long poster on the bottom with Japanese writing on it. It just says

Electronica's biggest star - Boards of Canada

After 8 years a new record!

Everybodys been waiting....

Guest feralkittens

I really like that postcard. Man, of course what I really want is my record, but I want posters and stuff too. It's never mattered to me before, but this album is different, I want everything that has to do with it. I ordered the cd today just so I can have the art cards to frame.

Archived