IGNORED

Promo download art card doohicky thingamajig

joshuatxuk

So yeah. Part of the local record shop preorders. Turns out they don't yield any extras and the code isn't even for a download of the album...or anything. So yeah. A memento? A pseudo-business card? I didn't get a poster from my record store eithern and my card isn't even sealed properly, there's a little bubble on each side.

I'm a little baffled, a little miffed. Unless that is, this ends up being a building access code to the S4 underground hanger at Papoose lake or something.

I'm using to cover up my more beat-up world pop cassette tapes that don't have a pretty j-card insert. Anyone else displaying it in any fashion? Anyone simply throw them away?

Y9Xxu8w.jpg

LOL @ "Romantic Melody Tape"!

There's no way I'm covering that up in all it's glory. It's one of many Vietnamese pop tapes I've found at thrift stores. That one is one of those muzak-y instrumental albums that has an obscene amount of MIDI sax and pan flute solos and is very obviously Asian despite no vocals.

LOL @ "Romantic Melody Tape"!

There's no way I'm covering that up in all it's glory. It's one of many Vietnamese pop tapes I've found at thrift stores. That one is one of those muzak-y instrumental albums that has an obscene amount of MIDI sax and pan flute solos and is very obviously Asian despite no vocals.

Sounds great!

Have you audioblogged these by any chance?

Bleep told me it was a reference code for their local store affiliates and pre-orders but someone else here was told by Bleep that it was for a promotional effort that they had to scrap. No idea what though.

I thought there was a desktop wallpaper or something, didn't I read that?

Yeah, went to my local independent store to get the art card CD, asked the checkout clerk if he had heard the album yet, and his response was "that's not music, it's noise". Good thing to know hipster retail douchebags are so open minded these days.

Have you audioblogged these by any chance?

no I need to though, been meaning to do that, I did manage to finally sort them properly

Guest vletrmx

Yeah, went to my local independent store to get the art card CD, asked the checkout clerk if he had heard the album yet, and his response was "that's not music, it's noise". Good thing to know hipster retail douchebags are so open minded these days.

lol, what would merzbow sound like to someone who thinks boc is noise

Good point. We should experiment on him :spiteful:

Good point. We should experiment on him :spiteful:

People who say shit like that usually have very arbitrary and limited taste, and are sad, pitiful souls on the inside. Was it a young asshat or some bitter old guy?

People who say shit like that usually have very arbitrary and limited taste

IT's also the kind of person that when you ask what their music tastes are, their response is usually - "Mmm I like all sorts really". It's usually the first sign that they really mean that they only like generic-blandtronica

This store used to be great back in the 90s, they had a section for electronic and industrial music. Now it's fucking cock rock all the way, and shit used vinyl. They wanted $40 for the Daft Punk vinyl!

And yeah it was a 20s hipster with a faux hawk lol.

Archived