IGNORED

Roly Porter - Life Cycle of a Massive Star

Guest Ron Manager

Guest Ron Manager

New LP:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/27/roly-porter-announces-new-album-life-cycle-of-a-massive-star-watch-the-trailer-now/

link has trailer clip. If you caught Aftertime, then you know how crucial this is going to be.

Also, there's a cool mix of Roly's here for download: http://secretthirteen.org/secret-thirteen-mix-075-roly-porter/#

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ron Manager

out now. ordered the LP and listening to the accompanying mp3s now. only 1 track in so far, but it's gorgeous.

on a different note, I'm a little disappointed to learn that the whole thing is only 36 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm shocked this hasn't gathered more attention and embarrassed I didn't come across it until now. Really good stuff. I always think of Vex'd and the projects both Roly and Jamie have undertaken since as perpetually underrated.

I'm shocked this hasn't gathered more attention and embarrassed I didn't come across it until now. Really good stuff. I always think of Vex'd and the projects both Roly and Jamie have undertaken since as perpetually underrated.

Still not got this, but will have to rectify that soon. Loved his first album and the bits I have heard from this sound awesome

Also love Kuedo's album, hope he brings out another soon

Yeah I think you can just about get away with a 35 minute album if it's lots of short 'song-y' tracks, but you do feel a bit shortchanged for 5 droney / noisey pieces. I got the vinyl for eleven quid delivered, so I can count it as a kind of pricey EP I guess.

this album, on a massive stereo, sounds fucking huge. so impressed with how the production lifts the effect of the music so dramatically. tired of poorly-produced stuff on limited run releases. refreshing.

Guest Ron Manager

For some reason there's little interest here in Subtext, and they put out some really excellent stuff. I think the thread for Roly's first album was pretty short too. If you haven't already, check out the Paul Jebanasam album I linked to above.

Life Cycleis awesome. I'm not sure it tops Aftertime, but it's beautiful.

• 4 years later...

Archived