IGNORED

The Eric Andre Show

awepittance

He's got no material. He's not mentally with it in the instant generation of perception of reality reappraisal commentary or quick puns or you know things that are funny either, so i'm not interested. Perhaps it'll mature into something once he gets a team behind him because he's self confident enough in a low key way to be likeable. Either way, have fun with your thing folks, i'll be at the bar.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've actually pointed out what I really like about him. He's just a funny person. He doesn't need a team of writers to make him witty, he just eats a corned beef sandwich in a really gross manner in front of a supermodel/actress guest and the scenario itself is hilarious enough.

yeah, Hannibal is actually a pretty funny standup comedian and comedy writer in real-life but I don't think Eric comes from that perspective at all, he just reminds me more of like a genuinely psychotic class clown, the type of kid in highschool who did dangerous things to make the class laugh. On the joan rivers thing he recounted a story about how he used to try and show off in front of girls by bashing his head into walls or hitting his head really hard on stuff, one time he did it on one of those glass fire extinguisher covers in the halls and he broke through the glass and started bleeding all over his face and had glass in his hands, and instead of screaming in pain he tried to save face in front of the girl, turned to her held up his hands and screamed 'Stigmata'

The newest episode with Henry Rollins took the Lynchian vibes to the max. I don't think this is in Tim and Eric land anymore this has gone full Nurse With wound. they brought out a rapper naked in a giant teacup /hotub on wheels(?) and made one of the spice girls eat funions from Hannibals hand, absolutely ridiculous

This new episode was one of the best ones yet. It's rare that I'll LOL when I'm watching something by myself but there were several moments in this episode that had be in stitches. The shit with Questlove was hilarious.

Erlichman, how long have you been in Atlanta? (saw that under your avatar) I would've totally loved to link up with you while I was there but I just moved back to Philadelphia this week. D:

unfortunately my location is not real, i'd love to hang out though if im ever in your area or if you ever land yourself in oakland/san francisco. Spd2, cats on eart, boxus, braintree and kcinsu are all out here as well

i think i figured out why i don't like this. it's a straight up rip off of space ghost coast to coast, except it isn't as weird or funny.

i don't know if that's sarcasm but the weirdness to me seems very forced and obvious. like some people saw adult swim shows and tried to emulate that. i do like hannibal though, he's actually pretty funny as the awkward cohost. eric andre seems to be about throwing as much shit at the wall as possible and hoping some of it sticks, and very little does. i'll admit though, some of this makes me laugh.

i think i figured out why i don't like this. it's a straight up rip off of space ghost coast to coast, except it isn't as weird or funny.

this.

everything gets married zorak, even animals and spiders.

this might sound idiotic but saying this show is ripping off space ghost is like saying mr, show ripped off monty python, I hold space ghost in that high of a regard because it influenced so much of the comedy shit happening now. Zaphod did you see the one with the rapper in the tea-cup hot-tub ?

Just watched it. Holy fucking christ. So funny it hurts.

The thing I love about this show is that it's been sort of building on the same format/bits with each episode and just slightly escalating in insanity with every one (providing a lot of laughs simply from subverting expectations). They turned it up so far past 11 with this ep that now I'm questioning if they can even make another episode after this.

ugh Doug Benson

dont get me wrong, i got nothing against Eric Andre. I just can't fucking stand Doug Benson; hes a shit standup that talks about fucking NOTHING BUT WEED 24/7.

fuck you Doug Benson .

i had a pleasurable moment where I saw Matt Besser (who is one of my favorite comedians) with Doug Benson walking out of a Tim and Greg at the movies live performance in SF. They appeared to be friends, laughing and joking as they walked outside. I ran up to matt besser and gave him a very embarrassing fan-service, lavishing praises, telling him how much I loved all of his stuff and I didn't even look in Doug's direction, i just acted as if he wasn't there /didn't recognize him. It wasn't even intentional but I thought looking back on it it was very appropriate.

i think Doug Benson is living proof that for some people weed perpetuates mediocrity and an inability to evolve as a human being.

Archived