IGNORED

The Eric Andre Show

awepittance

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean but the same thing could be said about Samuel Beckett or Nurse With Wound, which i think Eric Andre shares possibly more similarity with in spirit than Tim and Eric. I don't even say that to be pretentious, i genuinely believe it. While some of it does bite off tim and eric I think Eric Andre's show does a really good job of channeling a public access vibe. Also the Art Ensemble of Chicago style free-jazz band doesn't hurt either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ETus5HEsg

unfunny derivative of tim and eric

damn you had me excited.

parts of it are derivative, but did you watch the Tim and Eric Halloween Special or see the Billion Dollar Movie? I hate to say it but i think them as a sketch comedy team may have crested. Tim's still doing great stuff solo.

I love tim and eric but I also love eric andre, it has more in common with a fake talk show than a sketch comedy show.

It varies in quality, but Bruce Vilanch running into the host's desk twice in a row is undeniably funny

I watch it on my devices whenever I get a chance... Mostly when the kids are asleep!

*highfive* have you been watching the new season? I have the phrase 'talk to me like I'm Osama bin laden' repeating in my head constantly after i saw the 'Bird up' sketch

Guest Gravity

unfunny derivative of tim and eric

damn you had me excited.

parts of it are derivative, but did you watch the Tim and Eric Halloween Special or see the Billion Dollar Movie? I hate to say it but i think them as a sketch comedy team may have crested. Tim's still doing great stuff solo.

I love tim and eric but I also love eric andre, it has more in common with a fake talk show than a sketch comedy show.

It varies in quality, but Bruce Vilanch running into the host's desk twice in a row is undeniably funny

I really didn't like the Billion Dollar Movie but I thought the Halloween Special was great. Also a lot of the stuff on their youtube channel + On Cinema is quality. The Eric Andre show can be really funny sometimes, but sometimes it's also sort of a miss for me. I feel like it just needs a bit more of a push and it can be truly great. Though I haven't seen a lot of season 2.

yeah the stuff on the youtube channel is good, I just don't think scripted Tim and Eric work when it's anything but small rapid fire sketches, at least from the stuff I've seen. Nite Live was awesome and hilarious, it felt sort of adlibbed to me, but everything I've seen of theirs that lasts over 10 minutes that is scripted falls completely flat. The halloween special seemed oddly unfunny to me, but maybe thats because Zach G's schtick just seems a little played out now that he's been in 3 Hangover movies..

I really like how far into Neil Hamburger territory Tim is now though
On this new episode of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast he does such an impenetrable sarcastic streak that it seems like the other comedian is genuinely really pissed off by it. Tim adamantly defends Guy Fieri for over 20 minutes and friction/hilarity/awkwardness ensues
https://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/253-tim-heidecker-jon-daly

I watch it on my devices whenever I get a chance... Mostly when the kids are asleep!

*highfive* have you been watching the new season? I have the phrase 'talk to me like I'm Osama bin laden' repeating in my head constantly after i saw the 'Bird up' sketch

Haven't seen the new season yet... Actually I've only seen a few episodes here and there. Not all of them yet. I don't have shit to do tonight... So I'll peep out some more! The one I rememeber most was one with Lorenzo Lamas as a guest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived