IGNORED

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Guest Mirezzi

i installed this over the weekend, deleted it due to poor graphix card shit, NOW, after my computer is on for a bit, i get a warning that my virtual mem is too low and that windows is automatically adjusting the paging file. WTF? I have a 2-3 year old xp running comp with 1 gig ram and all i'll be doing is surfing nettage! ARGH! help anyone?

PS- i enlarged the paging file to ridiculous proportions and it still does it. wtf.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i am fucking shit up with my bow..the sufferwell or some shit i got from the dark brotherhood....just went on this huge long fucking annoying quest up north to the Pale Pass...and I onl got some shitty ring in return.

man i am fucking shit up with my bow..the sufferwell or some shit i got from the dark brotherhood....just went on this huge long fucking annoying quest up north to the Pale Pass...and I onl got some shitty ring in return.

Is that the quest with the diary and shit?

The old diary you got from that fancy bitch in the castle?

yup, thats the one.

i mean, i like the ride, but once you realize you did all that for nothing it sorta pisses me off.

cant remember, and i gotta sleep before work....when i get a chance to look it back up ill let you know..maybe i was wrong about it.

i installed this over the weekend, deleted it due to poor graphix card shit, NOW, after my computer is on for a bit, i get a warning that my virtual mem is too low and that windows is automatically adjusting the paging file. WTF? I have a 2-3 year old xp running comp with 1 gig ram and all i'll be doing is surfing nettage! ARGH! help anyone?

PS- i enlarged the paging file to ridiculous proportions and it still does it. wtf.

Can you see which application seems to be the memory hog?

Can you see which application seems to be the memory hog?

that's exactly the thing. none. i don't think. the only one that seems out of like is my firefox, which is at 124,000k, but the low memory thing will happen whether it is open or not. even if i restart it and NEVER open it that session.

on a lighter note i d/l'ed morrowind last night.

alright, im up to lvl 8 now and decided to play a little bit of the main story...went into a cave in the north to infiltrate that Mythic Dawn cult, but they asked me to hand all my shit over so i ended up getting into a battle with 20 or so druids,...fucking hippie faggots, i hit them two times and they yell "run away!"

got a ton of loot and I have like 3 enchanted weapons especially my one badass bow that seems to drain health on hit.

damn now I can see how you all get lost in games like these.

anyone have advice you could give to me? im new to these ridiculously engrossing DnD rpgs....i have a feeling im doing alright so far, but ive heard all types of things about being underleveled if you arent careful, etc etc

I'd think it's pretty impossible to fuck the game up. Worst situation you'll find yourself in is due to the wonky enemy leveling things will get ridiculously difficult once in a while where you have to do the save+die+reload dance every few minutes. Then towards the end of the game things will ease up as your special items take you further away from the pack...

Guest catsonearth

i need to return to this game at some point. i was at level 11 after like, 70-80 hours of gameplay and i hadn't even started the main quest yet.

great game, but the load screens are out of control (on 360, at least).

i think i ended up shelving it because i had vampirism and somehow ended up saving a game while i was in the middle of the wilderness just as dawn was approaching, so now everytime i load it up, i start taking damage immediately. can't fast travel because i'm taking damage, can't run anywhere safe to sleep it off. fucking sucked.

i need to return to this game at some point. i was at level 11 after like, 70-80 hours of gameplay and i hadn't even started the main quest yet.

i think i ended up shelving it because i had vampirism and somehow ended up saving a game while i was in the middle of the wilderness just as dawn was approaching, so now everytime i load it up, i start taking damage immediately. can't fast travel because i'm taking damage, can't run anywhere safe to sleep it off. fucking sucked.

drink peoples blood while they sleep, takes you a vamprism level back while you do the quest to find the cure.

Guest catsonearth

drink peoples blood while they sleep, takes you a vamprism level back while you do the quest to find the cure.

that's what i had been doing up until i got stranded in the wilderness with no sleeping hobos around to murder in the night.

i had just gone to that old witch's house in the middle of nowhere to get the cure - she told me to go get such and such ingredients and bring them back to her, but in the time that i'd been chatting her up, it became light outside. i tried to sleep it off in her basement or something, but she got pissed that i wouldn't leave so she started attacking me and i had no choice but to leave her house cuz she was fucking my shit up. it was daytime, so i immediately started taking damage and she came out after me shooting magic and shit. i tried to run, but her crib is really far from everything, so i'm not able to make it anywhere safe before my life runs out. fucking lame.

that's what i had been doing up until i got stranded in the wilderness with no sleeping hobos around to murder in the night.

i had just gone to that old witch's house in the middle of nowhere to get the cure - she told me to go get such and such ingredients and bring them back to her, but in the time that i'd been chatting her up, it became light outside. i tried to sleep it off in her basement or something, but she got pissed that i wouldn't leave so she started attacking me and i had no choice but to leave her house cuz she was fucking my shit up. it was daytime, so i immediately started taking damage and she came out after me shooting magic and shit. i tried to run, but her crib is really far from everything, so i'm not able to make it anywhere safe before my life runs out. fucking lame.

You could try to kill her, but then you wouldn't b able to get the cure yaknow

no old saves? bad times.

someone warned me before i started to save all the fuckin time.

i just spent an hour on this game trying to find a fucking trapdoor in a spies' house...i cant be arsed to play this again for a while.

plus it gets on my nerves how fast your inventory fills up....i gotta drop expensive shit all the time now.

how much or how long does it take to afford a house?

Completely off topic, but I just started on Mass Effect again. Brilliant game.

I really liked Mass Effect as well, all Bioware games are excellent really

It might get a bit long-winded from time to time because of all the information you get but if you let yourself go with the flow it's one hell of an amazing game and I can't wait for the sequel.

I ended up having to kill all of my dark brotherhood pals....wasnt expecting that one....but now I have a badass horse!!! YEAAAAUUUUHH

I ended up having to kill all of my dark brotherhood pals....wasnt expecting that one....but now I have a badass horse!!! YEAAAAUUUUHH

Found a good tip about that horse; you can knock it unconscious and store stuff in it.

Archived