IGNORED

Best portable speaker for traveling

Adieu

I need recommendations on all-in-one portable speakers for when I'm traveling. I need something with good sound quality. I don't like wearing my headphones all the time while I'm working. Even if you've only owned one give me your opinion of it please.

I've heard the jambox mini. It's ok, but I feel there is something better out there.

If money's not a big deal, check out the Bose Soundlink Mini. Powerful little Bluetooth speaker. My friend has one and I was really impressed. I think it's about $200 though.

I got the Bose computer speakers for traveling. Bigger, clunkier and wired, but they sound a little better and cost half as much.

Guest jasondonervan

I have one of these - Logitech UE mobile boombox:

Logitech-UE-Mobile-Boombox-2.jpg

Connects using bluetooth, I'm still amazed at how big (and clear) a sound it produces, even in open/windy spaces the sound travels very well. Also has a mic so can be used as a speakerphone. I got lucky and bought mine fairly cheap when it was on sale, but I'd recommend it even at full price (around 80 GBP). Even plays FLAC (a bit overkill for sound reproduction purposes, but useful as the bulk of my music library is FLAC).

I should add - it's really small, so really portable.

I got given a jambox mini for christmas. Its a good device for what it is. Build quality / unboxing experience / sound quality is good. I haven't used anything to compare it with nor do I use it that often but its good for what it is.

I use the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 and it was one of the most useful things I've ever bought for £80.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Pure-Fi-Anywhere-Black-iPhone/dp/B001CLAG1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391780181&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+dock

41GlcQKIdNL._SX385_.jpg

I've been using it for about 4 - 5 years now. Still works perfectly. Charges up and can play "up to" ten hours when it isn't plugged. Sound quality is good for a portable device and it can give out a decent volume. Put it on a wooden service against a wall in a hotel and the bass is pretty good. It's made for iDevices but has an aux connection at the back for anything else.

I second the Bose Soundlink mini. It's surprisingly good in sound quality and has a decent Bluetooth range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm...I wonder which has the best low end out of all? My only issue with Bose is that their last two products I have owned have broken/fallen apart.

Archived