IGNORED

Cex - Manumit Me

kirm

The guys been on fire the last few years but for some reason he seems to have fallen off most people radar. Check out his Masokismi album from the other year, awesome stuff.

Not had chance to properly listen to this new one yet but a new Cex album is a buy on sight thing for me, dont get why he doesn't get more props round these parts.

Before I buy *anything* ! Spend too much money of software, plugins, hardware, games, films & music last year and ended up getting round to only 'playing' with about 10% of it. So I'm having a year off so I can enjoy all I bought properly.

Before I buy *anything* ! Spend too much money of software, plugins, hardware, games, films & music last year and ended up getting round to only 'playing' with about 10% of it. So I'm having a year off so I can enjoy all I bought properly.

That's actually a really good idea, I found myself doing the same last year. I bet that cassette won't be available next year though.

I used to really be into his stuff - his first few albums/EPs. Role Model still sounds good. He kept a pretty entertaining blog back in the day. He had some beef with Lexaunculpt I remember... year 2000 IDM gossip. Although he puts off a kind of sleezy vibe that I'm not into.

Thought what the fuck you on about with the album cover? but just looked again and see it now!

Masokismi came with a story he had written which was rather sleazy was quite good tho if a little fucked up!

Anyhow had a proper listen to this now and its reet good!

Masokismi came with a story he had written which was rather sleazy was quite good tho if a little fucked up!

And also required you to go to the bathroom to read it ...

...as you needed a mirror cos the text was all back to front

glad to see he has an FS1r :wink:
i like the FM-centric stuff he's been doing the last few years a lot.

The guys been on fire the last few years but for some reason he seems to have fallen off most people radar. Check out his Masokismi album from the other year, awesome stuff.

Not had chance to properly listen to this new one yet but a new Cex album is a buy on sight thing for me, dont get why he doesn't get more props round these parts.

the whole Tigerbeat roster in general seems to have fallen off all the radars. I'm not sure exactly why, but there were a lot of interesting acts signed to the label (aside from all the electro-clash stuff they put out)

Yeah to be fair I've not kept up with the rest of Tigerbeat 6 much recently either, Round the start of the 00's they were one of my fav labels.

I have been quite enjoying this live set from Kid 606, Used to be a big fan of his but haven checked out much of his recent stuff.

http://bassadelic.com/2013/12/18/free-download-of-kid606s-new-mix-fuuuck/

I also heard that Knifehandchop might be making a come back this year as well, Hope so, Love his stuff,.

yeah he is but i think he is just a circulating member of Matmos right now, kinda like Wobbly. They seem like they've both sort of abandoned their own solo careers and would rather guest in other people's projects for the indefinite future. It's a shame because i find both them pretty talented dudes who should be putting out more solo music. There was a Matmos/Wobbly/Lesser collaboration album off Important from a few years ago that barely got any attention but it's very good. It sort of reminds me of like a very awesomely realized more experimental idealized Faust album or something, lots of recording studio tricks, live instrumentation and arrangement chopped into oblivion mixed with weird metal dragging field recordings. It's a weird album, worth checking out. but back to Cex, i like his music A LOT better outside of the Tigerbeat stuff. Maybe it was because of the rap, and at the time i just couldn't handle it, but now looking back its actually not that bad and i can understand the appeal. His new stuff is very interesting, i especially love how much hardware synth stuff he uses. I find al ot of hardware centric musicians these days are just blatantly amateurish, either making their stuff sound like bland inexperience witch-house or aphex s or easy house or acid techno. he's doing something totally his own which i find very appealing.

Archived