IGNORED

Musical Style/Skill Progression: Ages 12-18

Guest brendyman

Guest brendyman

I made this a while back (sort of for myself, but now I can show it to you guys!) just as a way too see where I started and how far I've come. The first clip is a bit of the first track I ever made when I got FL Studio waaaaay back when I was 12, and there's little snippets to show my progression up to a song I made a couple months ago (at age 18).

https://soundcloud.com/brendyman/musical-style-skill

(aka, you get to see all my awful phases including my shitty prog-trance phase)

Cool compilation. I wish I had started when I was that young. :*-( Oh well. I still have plenty of time to explore music. I still wish I had started younger. There was much less pressure in other areas of life, and getting good at something is just so much more effortless.

Guest brendyman

Y'all are just too kind

Cool compilation. I wish I had started when I was that young. :*-( Oh well. I still have plenty of time to explore music. I still wish I had started younger. There was much less pressure in other areas of life, and getting good at something is just so much more effortless.

This is so true (I wish it wasn't). After starting college and having a shitty retail job and all that stuff, the minuscule amount of time I have to work on music is just depressing.

Guest brendyman

The one around 6:09 - Is it just a common style of music or has this been in something quite famous? I really feel like I've heard it before

Yeah, it's a cover of the song "Aquarela do Brasil"

heeey I really like how you progressed! maybe I don't really dig these genres but obviously you get a hang of everything you start. you could be doing soundtracks for games or something. :)

Archived