IGNORED

The Atheist Church?

Redruth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In high school I had a class called Theory Of Knowledge, which was badass. So maybe the atheist church could be called Theory Of Knowledge Ultra Temple 2700 (TOKUT 2700).

I used to be a member of the local "Secular Humanist" chapter. Mostly they just complained about how religious people were not as smart as they were, then took out their laptops to post on Reddit in silence. It was just as fun as it sounds.

I really, really hope you're not joking about this. Like holy shit please tell me this is real.

We've had one for a few years up here, when I used to go we met up at Starbucks and everyone but me had their laptop out. They rarely made eye contact, they'd just talk over their computers about Star Trek or how Richard Dawkins is really smart and how hard it is to be a smart person on this planet and I stopped going after I realized it was not where I wanted to be. We had literally one, single woman who ever came to the group, half our meetings were listening to her talk about anything because she's a pretty girl and they were just chuffed that a "nerd girl" was paying attention to them.

"Does anyone else really hate it when their mom makes them go to church? I hate church."

"Oh wow, I hate church too, church is so boring and stupid."

"Me too, god is so stupid he doesn't even do anything."

"Hey, you guys want to come over and play Call of Cthulhu?"

that's amazing

Or temple of something. But there's no worship going on. It does catch more headlines and so cut through to the people that might be interested by calling it a church rather than a community centre for those that are not god needers.

no worship going on? depends on the definition of worship i'd guess. people who r not spiritual worship things too, obviously

im just glad i have a church where i can freely worship the atheist overlord Satan!!!! eat scum religion!!!

You mean the Church of Satan?

I would guess that Satan himself would play no part in atheist philosophy.

Archived