IGNORED

hi i'm cygnus, AMA

cygnus

I have two probably stupid questions which you don't have to answer, but:

1. Weren't you on xltronic back in the day? (2002-ish)

2. Are you a Metal Slug 3 fan?

same cygnus... see my "was there bass" question earlier this thread referencing his classic contribution...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two probably stupid questions which you don't have to answer, but:

1. Weren't you on xltronic back in the day? (2002-ish)

2. Are you a Metal Slug 3 fan?

same cygnus... see my "was there bass" question earlier this thread referencing his classic contribution...

member of xltronic since 2002 yeah, i can't believe that's 12 years ago. feels like a million years ago. i was only 17 when i joined that forum. used to be a very fun place but i spent way too much time there.

metal slug is incredible, ive had all of those on my PS Vita now for a while. i think playing it on the handheld is way better than on console, but nothing beats a real arcade cabinet. i worked @ the company who ported all of those titles to consoles & handhelds, same company that ported the Samurai Sho series. they're defunct now tho :( probably the greatest couple years of my life. if you ever have an opportunity to work in video games do it

i was such a dumb ass kid (referencing that LTJ Bukem story), i literally had no social life and had no idea what i was saying. i am pretty sure if he & mc conrad saw me again today they'd run.

I'm an english major, so I like to have some light reading for relaxation. By light reading I mean enjoyable, how academic it is isn't important to me, because I get exhausted reading boring shit or whatever. I haven't read many comics / graphic novels at all. I read Watchmen in highschool like most people, and The Killing Joke was cool. I was thinking about buying The Saga of the Swamp Thing on the Alan Moore tip, but comics are prohibitively expensive. Any comic / graphic novel recs for someone who hasn't read shit? I'm a voracious reader.

good god, yeah , jesus, theres so much

akira of course, is a graphic novel staple. i'd start with that . its prob the best i've ever read. the incal by jodorowsky & moebius

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3AJean%20Giraud

you'd like New X Men by Grant Morrison, also "Filth" by Grant Morrison. pure genius. Grant Morrison has done all of DC and Marvel's best shit

Sandman Series, Aliens Omnibus (great atmospheric horror/science), probably had the hugest influence on me, even tho some of the writing is bad. the atmosphere is rich and there's so much to read. i started reading that shit when i was 11 which prob explains a few things

"Finder" by McNeil, great class-warfare sci-fi aboriginal thriller graphic novel, absolutely brilliant. must-read

"Cerebus" by Dave sim, 100 Bullets by Russo & Azirello, "The Exotics" by Moebius (AWESOME!!!!!!!)",

I'm into Maruo Suehiro, he's a Japanese guy who has done stuff like "Ultra Gash Inferno" - i don't really reccomend reading it unless you're ok with some severely challenging images themes and ideas (things that end in _____philia) , gore, absolute disregard for humanity and etc, its got just about everything. and you know as much as i'm careful to reccomend this guy it is important to look at it in a context, cause ultimately most of his stuff is about WW2 era Japan and whatever unseen depravity which didn't make the history books.it's all very twisted, unreal and psychotic but it seems real. careful with that one i dont want anybody cussing me out for reading it haha

s.booth got me on ABC Warriors by Pat Mills and the rest of that catalogue ,brilliant artwork

Planetoid by Kevin Garing was short but very good, it's an easy read.. theres no book yet tho. I liked another recent one called Spaceman also done by Azarello and Risso (who did 100 bullets)

:cisfor: Thank you!!

• 3 months later...

Archived