IGNORED

hi i'm cygnus, AMA

cygnus

Do you know where in the sky to find the constellation Cygnus?

i have the redshift app on my iphone so yeah

my roommate and i got a telescope the other week and we pathetically tried to look at the moon

we couldnt find the moon, it was on the other side of the planet (astronomy fail) and we also couldnt get anything to come through the viewfinder (general life fail)

edit: but ok though i mean the moon being on the other side of tha planet is impossible tho right? i swear its there every evening. dont believe me when i say i know science, this is proof

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. WAS THERE BASS ?

2. DID YOU GIVE THANSK ?

3. RED BULL

4. COMEBACKS

IDENTITY CONFIRMED

btw, samples sound great, looking forward to buying this (seems digital only is available in 2 days)

thanks much, glad u like it

Yo Cygnus, thanks for doing this!

What's your gear setup look like for the latest album? I remember from your Livestream it was Nord Lead + MPC + 808 clone or something and it seemed to work pretty seamlessly.

Are there any electro artists/releases that you think should have more exposure?

Yo Cygnus, thanks for doing this!

What's your gear setup look like for the latest album? I remember from your Livestream it was Nord Lead + MPC + 808 clone or something and it seemed to work pretty seamlessly.

Are there any electro artists/releases that you think should have more exposure?

acidlab m14m1 (that 808 clone), elektron monomachine, nord lead 2x, some sounds from the computer, some synths my friends let me use, dont remember totally . alotta sounds are monomachine tho. i dont own that m14m1 anymore and my monomachine is broken, the tracks that are on teseracter are old , some i wrote 4-5 years ago for example "video games" i wrote when i was still living in north dallas in 2009, that one is all nord+mpc+miami and my friends vp-330. my current setup is a lot different

what kind of gear setup do u have?

as for electro artists that should have more exposure yeah TONS im glad you asked

but do u mean like people who have already released stuff or people who havent released anything?

fah http://fahtunes.bandcamp.com/track/wind-works

MKG systems

submersible machines

corporate park (jonah and shane & everybody will probably say they arent electro but i think they are)

patronen

bodytronix

bill converse (WWC)

some of them are on this compilation on House of Mutes http://obsoletefuture.bandcamp.com/album/house-of-mutes-vol-1-of007 not sure if that's out yet or not, im on that comp too

oh and ALBERT FUCKING KUNINGAS

http://albertkuningas.bandcamp.com/

What is your favorite thing that your mom cooked in your childhood?

The Patronen and WWC stuff are great mentions, gonna have to peep your list of other recommendations there.

Question 1. If you could have any kind of music creation tool (real or imaginary), what would it be?

Question 2. What sci-fi films should I look up that I've likely never heard of?

Question 3. What's your favorite animal? (swan?)

rice-a-roni

she made the rice-a-roni in a certain way tho , certain amount of butter and water

wasnt too squishy . i hate it when people make rice a roni and its like soup u know what i mean?

Thanks for the gear rundown. Follow up: How do you create your final tracks? Do you record a live jam and edit it down in a DAW or what?

I do everything on my iPad, so no real gear unfortunately.

but do u mean like people who have already released stuff or people who havent released anything?

Anyone really -I just like discovering new music. Thanks for the list. I've only heard of a few people on there. That House of Mutes tape looks awesome.

how much did it cost you to make this album and what profit would you deem acceptable from selling the copies of it?

i dont know how to answer that. i made the music in my freetime for fun

compensation, i guess maybe i idk how about one BILLION DOLLARS

idk how about some live gigs? fly me out to europe or something , pay me with exotic foods

Why does my right foot go numb when I go running?

it's been a while since i have taken pathology man

prob nerve related ,yr bones are rubbing something wrong in there

could be sciatica? tibial nerve dysfunction? im really sorry to hear youre experiencing that

if that happened to me while running i'd probably fall over

Cygnus, what do you think about that guy who pulled off his own head in Port Jervis, Bronx last week? There's a consensus of opinion that he behaved like a bit of an ass, on account of the mess he left, not to mention doing it in public on a busy street where kids could see. His name was Tomas Rivera if you need any background info and he was driving a Honda Pilot

what is your all time favorite piece of gear ?

hmmmmmmm good question

nord lead

The Patronen and WWC stuff are great mentions, gonna have to peep your list of other recommendations there.

Question 1. If you could have any kind of music creation tool (real or imaginary), what would it be?

Question 2. What sci-fi films should I look up that I've likely never heard of?

Question 3. What's your favorite animal? (swan?)

yeah patronen is deep. if y'all make some noise they will see it, i promise. im like you guys i want more too. do it

WWC is so good

have u heard his alienself stuff? http://obsoletefuture.bandcamp.com/album/alienself so completely unreal

i was in cleburne texas a few months ago and i saw bill play a set on all his gear in his bedroom w/ like 20 people crammed in there and near the door. i cant really put words to how good it was

1. i would have a groovebox style synth w/ 8 parts multitimbral, lots of polyphony, digital wavetables and analog vco's, sampling

modular style instrument arranging/fx chains using a cool 4'x2' display

pattern length would b like the old electribes, 128 instead of 64 on the grid

a VGA/RCA-out thing so when you plug it into a monitor or TV you can get more context as to what's going on,text based and scrolling, it'd be text-based and tracker-like, u can see all your tracks and what theyre doing, kinda like that one Roland MPC thing

instead of your usual TR-style 16-button grid you have 4 rows of buttons for sequencing which double as a qwerty keyboard for programming visuals & sound stuff

mini ( i mean small) 44k-key keyboard arranged right under the qwerty for playing chords and basses and sounds

trackball on the right hand side of the device for input when in video-out mode

nice rubber pads w/ vibrating force feedback

plastic case. no metal stuff, should weigh about the same as an n64

also has word processing to make full use of the qwerty.

you basically combine a commodore with one of those new Korg things, add some vco's and you got it

and are you ready for this

its gotta be called

"seQWERTzer"

are there any visual designers/artists on watmm who could do a mockup of this?

2) you probably have seen everything i've seen. have you seen edge of tomorrow? that was the last scifi film i saw & liked

have u seen brother from another planet? its not really intensely sci-fi but its so good

have you seen Under the Skin? the parallax view? hardware? brainstorm? android?

im trying to think of this other movie which is cool and sci-fi where they have people hooked into machines, one lady starts to rebel and causing a stir about it and i think she ends up going over to the outcasts and they return & destroy the system, do u know what im talking about? i cant remember the name of it

3) dog

Thanks for the gear rundown. Follow up: How do you create your final tracks? Do you record a live jam and edit it down in a DAW or what?

I do everything on my iPad, so no real gear unfortunately.

Anyone really -I just like discovering new music. Thanks for the list. I've only heard of a few people on there. That House of Mutes tape looks awesome.

sometimes i edit down long jams, sometimes write stuff note-for-note... different every time im recording things constantly, so i have a lot of content to mess around with

yeah i dont know when that house of mutes tape is actually set for release, dang. i think it will be out soon ill holler at you guys when i can confirm that

Did u get your name from The Black Hole?

no whats that?

so when i was 10 or 11 years old i had Flashback for the sega genesis, and the passcode to get to one of the levels was "cygnus"

when i saw that i thought it was the coolest word id ever seen. i knew it was me but i had no idea what it meant i just loved the way it flowed

i did graffiti when i was in high school and i tagged it , so it stuck . i think its a cool word , i never had any idea what it referred to

i like other words like "ouece" and "uoxuoca" , and they are like, " e-sha" and "uhh-sheh-ka"

what are some of yr favorite words?

Cygnus, what do you think about that guy who pulled off his own head in Port Jervis, Bronx last week? There's a consensus of opinion that he behaved like a bit of an ass, on account of the mess he left, not to mention doing it in public on a busy street where kids could see. His name was Tomas Rivera if you need any background info and he was driving a Honda Pilot

thats completely insane

no whats that?

so when i was 10 or 11 years old i had Flashback for the sega genesis, and the passcode to get to one of the levels was "cygnus"

when i saw that i thought it was the coolest word id ever seen. i knew it was me but i had no idea what it meant i just loved the way it flowed

i did graffiti when i was in high school and i tagged it , so it stuck . i think its a cool word , i never had any idea what it referred to

i like other words like "ouece" and "uoxuoca" , and they are like, " e-sha" and "uhh-sheh-ka"

okay yeah i need to see this NAOW

no whats that?

okay yeah i need to see this NAOW
I've sampled the shit out of it, FSOL did on their ISDN album famously.

rice-a-roni

she made the rice-a-roni in a certain way tho , certain amount of butter and water

wasnt too squishy . i hate it when people make rice a roni and its like soup u know what i mean?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I like it on the dry side, but it is good in the way that your mom did it.

this is awesome man, glad you are doing this:

Can we have more details on your UFO sighting experiences?

Have you ever read The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester and if so what did you think of it?

In your opinion, what makes tarot reading an effective psychological tool for the better understanding of ourselves? Or at the opposite end of this question, is it an effective psychological tool at all?

What do you think are the implications of Aphex Twin releasing an album in today's musical climate? Do you think it will help change the paradigm of popular music at the moment or further push experimental music to the background? In your opinion is Syro, if we are to judge that Minipops 67 is indicative of the sound the album will be comprised of, a progression in AFX's music?

Archived