IGNORED

tangerine

Thiefinger

Very cool. I'm also getting VHS Head Vibes from this one, especially when the synth modulates up. I feel like you could do more with that middle section (chunk preceding the 3 minute vocal drop) to differentiate it more and take the track somewhere new before bringing it back. But all in all it's a pretty bangin' track, and stylistically it fits in with a lot of stuff that's popular in electronic music right now. If you're looking for a label that'll certainly help.

Aww, thanks for your lovely comments!

I just sampled some Faith Evans and Olivia for the vox, everything else is original stuff. It just probably sounds like sampled stuff because.. well in a way it is, but I'm sampling my own music that I made to be sampled just for this. So this is like the ultimate musical masturbation.

That "vingate" sound that some of my tunes have is just basically me sampling my own material, exporting it to maschine, putting on the vintage sampler emulation (mp60) and pitch shifting things -3 or -4 steps. That's really it. I just add things on top of that later.

Archived