IGNORED

Aphex Twin - French Magazine Obsessions N°21 - October 2014

Pitbulle

Guest transmisiones ferox

Is this is the interview where he said that you have to be mentally ill to be famous? lol, translate pls

Sorry the translation is taking longer than I wanted; Life is getting in the way of my AFX passion these last few days...

Désoler que la traduction prenne plus de temps que prévu mais La Vie à pris le pas sur ma passion pour AFX ces derniers jours...

Cher ami, faut l'avouer, les articles de Tsugi et du Nouvel Obs ne sont pas bien passionnants...

Oui, ça c'est sûr! Dommage de ne pas avoir de journalistes plus pointus et avertis... Mais c'est comme ça, les français sont bien loin d'aimer de l'électro pur et dur... L'electro-pop ou pop-electro est plus courant et accessible pour les french bastards! lol

Yes, that's for sure! Shame not to have more sharp and knowledgeable... but that's how journalists, French are far from love of hardcore electro ... The electro-pop or electro-pop is more current and accessible for french bastards!

Nous avons peut-être l'occasion de concentrer les fans francophones de WATMM dans un endroit commode...

Ceci afin d'éviter tout conflits vis-a-vis des anglophones qui, il faut bien le reconnaître, compose la majorité de ce site et sont assez réfractaires à l'emploi d'une autre langue que celle de Shakespeare :D (à fortiori avec de bonnes raisons)

Loin de moi l'idée de les blâmés, mais pour les nombreux "french speaking people" qui on l'air d'avoir débarqués récemment cela pourrait constituer un environnement salutaire pour s'exprimer librement dans leur langue maternelle et, éventuellement, mieux s'intégrer dans la communauté.

Soit je lance un nouveau fil à cette fin, soit un modérateur pourrait renommé ce fil pour qu'il reflète cet esprit...

Qu'en pensent les francophones de WATMM?

Bien à vous,

Un francophone parmi d'autres...

Pas mal l'idée mais pas intéressant dans ce forum où la majorité sont anglais... ça risque de perdre la magie...

Not a bad idea but not interesting in this forum where the majority are English ... it risks losing the magic...

BTW si personne ne traduit cet article je vais le faire alors!

Il n'y a rien à traduire! Enfin, rien d'intéressant à traduire! ;-)

There is nothing to translate! Finally, nothing interesting to translate! ;-) (sorry, seriously, it's not interesting this interview, you know all you do or you want to read the sames things that you've read...

You both speak English but you type the same sentence in French too? Please, just use English again :)

I don't know what's more annoying. All the french speak ("zut alors!"), or the fact they reduce rdj's output to 3 essentials. (On a positive note:one of those is drukqs, so they're not completely stupid...)

Also, I don't think it's fair to assume rdj basically tells every journalist some canned stories. There's also the journalist freely copy pasting from various interviews (new and old) and stiching things together to create some kind of narrative. Which is not necessarily a bad thing btw. (The interview in Oor being a good example, I believe. I'm pretty sure there's some quotes in there from different interviews)
But the point being: if various publications have an awefully similar narrative, it isnt rdj who's to blame. It's the writer. The writer is responsible for the narrative. Not rdj.

i dont think that anyone was was blaming rdj for having similar answers to the same questions asked on a long arse interview train. Feeling protective of our lord today godel.

Lord delet, please read the message of you moderating compagnon and tell me to my tearful face I'm not making things up...

Love the idea of an Aphex Twin album exclusively made of tape hiss. Boring interview. Same as usual. Even more boring than the Tsugi one.

I think he also mentioned that in another interview even... He just prepared a couple of stories and told them to every journo that day it seems.

Thanks for posting anyway Pitbulle, I've reposted it in the main interview thread now too (it's becoming a rather large list :)!)

Guilty!

Thanks for the nuance, I actually agree with you. Not true in case of Oor afaik, but a couple of mags that were released later definitely had some copypasted stuff. I agree with the writers responsibility, I was jumping to conclusions. What I was trying to say was that it's a combination of factors by being asked the same things, Richard sticking with a couple of stories, limited time and having the interviews all done right after each other, and then there's the write-up of the narrative afterwards (which basically makes up the largest factor)

Guest murphythecat8

has it been translated yet? Im french so could do it, but my english is not really perfect lol..

if anyone wants me to do it, ill do it!

has it been translated yet? Im french so could do it, but my english is not really perfect lol..

if anyone wants me to do it, ill do it!

I don't think it's been translated yet... would be awesome if you did!

Maybe someone else can confirm there is no known translation online yet and save murphy the trouble?

Thanks in advance tho if you do take the time, I would love to read even a rough translation.

Guest murphythecat8

k

will translate tommorrow, but just RDJ answers with the question, the article is not important and we all know everything.already

lol - bon courage! et je peux te signaler d'une chose : c'est pratiquement les mêmes réponses que les interviews en anglais... ils ne vont pas découvrir grand' choses dans cette traduction... la fausse espoir va tomber sur eux! lol ;-)

lol - bon courage! et je peux te signaler d'une chose : c'est pratiquement les mêmes réponses que les interviews en anglais... ils ne vont pas découvrir grand' choses dans cette traduction... la fausse espoir va tomber sur eux! lol ;-)

What's with the French language the last few days? Are you planning some kind of revolution?

Anyway, there has been a small translation that was done by MassFreeKid, so save yourself the trouble murphy :)

Some quotes from the French interview:

There is an underlying contradiction here: I don't necessarily want to be more famous, but at the same time, I accept to be meeting you and to show myself in more mainstream places. You either need courage or be crazy to accept that. With that said, to want to become famous, you need to be disturbed anyway. And I probably am a little…

I haven't changed anything from what I normally do, my ideas are not more commercial than before… I wanted to release this new album simply to preserve the tracks that are on it, to make sure that they exist outside of my home. I also wanted my fans to have something new to listen to.
I've been very surprised by the Kickstarter thing. It had nothing to do with me, I would have been unable to organize such a thing. I felt bad when I saw all the money involved because to me, those are only old songs from old cassette tapes.
I love noise music. I find it very helpful for meditation, especially on low volume in the morning. What's so amazing about this music is precisely what most people hate about it. That's what I like: the fact that others don't like it.
About the voices on the album:
They are the voices of my family, my father, my mother, my kids, my wife… In fact I have recorded a lot of my parents. I put those in my music but I make sure all the time that they're not very understandable. So that everyone can project whatever they want into it, so that everyone understand what they want to understand. In music and art in general, I essentially love the things that are not explicit. I like it when it's not understandable. I hate that clearly provocative side to pop music.
About nostalgia:
I have that feeling about everything, about the things that are gone, that have disappeared… One of the most beautiful things with music is that you can play with time. To record music is like creating a time machine. It allows you to get out of the normal perceptions of time to create your own temporality.

That's it, those were Rihard's answers. :) The written text by the journalist, as you can imagine, is not worth your time hehe.

Guest murphythecat8

yeah everyone, ive read the interview, and theres nothing new there. not worth bothering.

French just dont know how to ask good, new and innovative questions I take :P

Archived