IGNORED

what no Throbbing Gristle (and Carter/Cosey, Psychic TV etc)?

cwmbrancity

the satanic child abuse plot was all v v sketchy. The police had been targeting that angle for a while and its interesting that if there was no actual proof, ie: charges dropped etc, then why was the guy's archive was never returned in full?

besides, wasnt it a mocked up Peter Christopherson vid that caused all the hoo-hah in the 1st place?

that photo though, if any of you have been to Stonehenge or Avebury during Solstice celebrations everything would look relatively normal

this is MINT, thank-you for the heads up.....just listening now as far as Indisciplined,,,,,,the man has a riot of an imagination and serious production chops,

plus its uber soothing,,,,,,,,

Agreed, absolutely love those EAR releases. I've got three of them on CD, only missing the first one. I guess the second is my favourite, basically because Time To Tell is one of the best tracks ever made in the history of mankind, and the ambient remix of it is a really fine variation.

Big fan of the beginnings of TG here, historically they were very relevant for avant-garde music and noise, etc. I followed Peter and Jhon in Coil tho, never reall followed Genesis because it was often disappointing for me. But, with that said, one of my favorite performances by Genesis P. Orridge was in Download in 1996, on The Eyes of Stanley Pain.

http://www.discogs.com/Download-The-Eyes-Of-Stanley-Pain/master/6560

He does spoken words on three songs and back then it left a big impression on me. Quite sick.

Big fan of the beginnings of TG here, historically they were very relevant for avant-garde music and noise, etc. I followed Peter and Jhon in Coil tho, never reall followed Genesis because it was often disappointing for me. But, with that said, one of my favorite performances by Genesis P. Orridge was in Download in 1996, on The Eyes of Stanley Pain.

http://www.discogs.com/Download-The-Eyes-Of-Stanley-Pain/master/6560

He does spoken words on three songs and back then it left a big impression on me. Quite sick.

Hmm, I've delved quite the bit into Genesis' musical carreer but never heard of this. Thanks, will definitely check it out!

P.S. - anyone reading this thread not owning this book should immediately go and pick this up:

51BFKMP7Q1L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A very good read into the history of (pre-) TG, with a lot of interesting perspectives, anecdotes, photos, etc.

I also have the Psychick Bible, but I wouldn't recommend that one to anyone tbh...

along similar line check out England's Hidden Reverse. It has bit more on Current 93 than i was looking for, but its bits on Coil's studio sessions for Love's Secret Domain are a riot.....gods crowded into the desk-booth, buckets of mdma etc,,,,,,,,,the price anomaly is a bit weird but its an outstanding piece of research

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1907222170/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0946719403&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1AEPTS8YEZYZFEB090MQ

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Englands-Hidden-Reverse-Esoteric-Underground/dp/0946719403

Englands+Hidden+Reverse.jpg

once quick note - Cabaret Voltaire's "Voice of America" has very similar layers of guitar distortion, vocal manipulations, the random real-life sound sampling interlaced through as a lot of TG....... "Kneel to the Boss", "This Is Entertainment" & my favourite "Obsession".......lots of cross-pollination of ideas

115480934.jpg

Hey Herr Jan, try this one too :) It was very impressive when it came out... The whole album is in fact pretty disturbing, some of Download's darkest material.

Cheers, that's good stuff, this could very well be seen as his first steps into his Thee Majesty project. Some of that stuff also left a big impression on me, but there's a lot of really typical cringeworthy pretentious Genesis stuff in there too.

This one off elemental 7 kills me. so good, so much classic industrial and i guess proto techno came from this lot.

1982/83 i believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_AcPAsOtl8

Gonna keep an eye on this thread for more gold, keep em coming

I still count this as the first 'acid house' track ever made. Not that Charanjit Singh Indian raga beat album, even though both were recorded in 1982 and released in 1983. But Dancing Ghosts is superiour in every way and a lot more 'acid house'-like imo :)

I heard Dancing Ghosts at Castlemorton at least a couple of times (for added personal provenance),,,,,,,,guaranteed minds-blown travelers vogue-ing porthole opening

it still sounds clean & clear and compare it to On & On (or mix them both) to hear how rough n ready that was.

never seen Carter/Cosey live as a double, have to remedy that

Archived